Feliz 2º Aniversário Couture et Tricot! - Happy 2nd Birthday Couture et Tricot!

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)
Pois é, faz hoje dois anos que timidamente comecei a escrever este blog… Quem diria que chegaria a uma média de 500-600 visitas por dia? Que seria visitada por pessoas de todo o planeta? Que iria conhecer pessoas tão brilhantes, amigas e que partilham este gosto pelas artes…

Esta estatística foi tirada há alguns instantes. É uma realidade que sempre me deixa abismada, por muito que me habituasse a ela.

E quanto às principais realizações de 2008? Pois para mim este foi o ano de aperfeiçoar técnicas de alfaiataria e alta-costura. Escolher favoritos entre os projectos que concluí não é fácil, e cada peça que fiz tem para mim muito valor, mas depois de ponderar resolvi escolher os seguintes projectos (pela ordem na qual foram realizados):

Fato Unrath&Strano:

Casaco Armani:

Fato “O Diabo Veste Prada”:

Vestido Chado Ralph Rucci:

Sobretudo Félix Mediano:

Não é por acaso que vêm mais projectos de Outono-Inverno; prefiro estes projectos, normalmente mais elaborados e estruturados.

Quanto a resoluções para 2009, tenho algumas:
- Costurar moldes vintage
- Aproveitar mais a vida, passear e estar com os amigos e família
- Manter-me fiel a uma rotina de exercício físico regular, pelo menos 4 vezes por semana
E planos futuros? Bom, nestas coisas tenho sempre “mais olhos do que barriga”; além de algumas peças básicas que irão surgindo aqui e ali, estou empenhada em fazer mais duas colecções, além da Extravagância Cor-de-Laranja, que está quase terminada. Não vou prometer que as consiga terminar, pois as férias acabaram e a trabalhar o tempo é muito limitado para a costura, mas vou tentar fazer o máximo que puder destas duas colecções. Para já vou mostrar os tecidos que planeio utilizar para cada uma:

Baunilha e Chocolate:

Tecido misto espinhado em tom acastanhado (é da mesma qualidade do tecido que utilizei no fato de xadrez), bouclé marfim (comprei este tecido com a Isabelle, em Paris) e cetim castanho-escuro. Esta colecção pretende ser chique e urbana, talvez incorporando um dos meus moldes vintage.

Neo-Punk Britânico:

Imitação de pele de pónei em preto, cetim ao xadrez, imitação de pele de cobra em preto, tartans e algodão branco são os elementos base. Quero que seja uma colecção jovem e divertida, com um toque de anos 80.

Terei tempo para tudo? Provavelmente não, pois não faço milagres… Mas vai ser divertido tentar!

Tem sido um prazer escrever este diário e ter-vos a vós como companhia! Até à próxima!

Two years ago I was timidly starting my own blog… And a lot has been done since then. Who would have guessed that I’d reach around 600 visits a day? And that these visits would be from all around the globe? How could I had imagined that I’d meet so many wonderful and talented people, fabulous friends who share the same passion?

These stats were taken a few moments ago; it’s a reality that never ceases to dazzle me, even when two years have gone already.

The main achievements in 2008 were mainly perfecting my tailoring and fine sewing skills. Picking favorites among my garments is very difficult because I enjoyed making every one of them and each one is priceless to me, but after giving it some thought I’ve decided on the next five garments:

The Unrath&Strano suit:

The Armani coat knockoff:

“The Devil Wears Prada” suit:

The Chado Ralph Rucci’s dress:

The Felix Mediano overall:

It’s not merely by chance that 80% of these garments are fall/winter; I do prefer fall/winter sewing, with its more tailored and structured elements.

What about New Year Resolutions? Well, I have a few:
- Sewing vintage patterns
- Live more, hang out with friends more, spend more time with my family
- Maintain a strict workout routine, at least four times a week

As for future plans, I always want more than I can actually grab; besides a few random pieces I’m committed on creating two more collections. I won’t promise that I’ll finish them (my “stay at home sewing and knitting” vacation is over and time will be a precious resource from now on), but I will surely do my best. For now I’ll show you the fabrics that I’m planning on using for each set of garments:

The Vanilla&Chocolate:

There’s a brownish chevron blend there (the same quality as the Orange Extravaganza pant suit), the ivory boucle that I bought in Paris together with Isabelle and some dark brown satin. I foresee this collection as chic and urban, perhaps including a vintage model.

The British Neo-Punk:

Here the fabrics are: black fake pony fur, red plaid satin, fake snake skin also in black, some red tartans and white stretch cotton. I want this collection to be young and playful, with a touch of the eighties.

Will I have the time for all this? I don’t think so because I don’t make miracles happen… But it will be fun trying though!

Writing this journal and having you around along the way has been a real pleasure! See you guys soon!

48 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Tany, you have made some absolutely incredible garments. I don't think I could ever pick a favorite from your collection! I love your site! I use it as a reference often! I can't wait to see all of the hotness that you make in 2009!

senaSews said...

Congrats on your 2nd anniversary, Tany. I love reading your blog. It reminds where i can get when i'm grown up (in sewing years). I'm sure you will impress us with more wonderful garments in 2009!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your blog!
I'm sure you'll make equally beautiful garments in 2009.

Jackie said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Tany! I love to visit your blog to see what you're working on. You create such beautiful garments! I can't wait to see this year's new garments. Happy New Year!

Summerset said...

Congrats on your 2nd anniversary! The garments you've shown are some of my favorites, too. I can't wait to see these new collections. I really love the fabrics in the second one.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved the chart showing where people visit from...as it is just as astonishing to me how many people around the world share this passion!

I loved your top 5 garments. I think each one shows the detailed fine work that you do and inspire all of us especially me with. Personally I can't wait to see what those fabrics will become in 2009!

Again, Happy Anniversary!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana Carina said...

Olá Tany!

Muitos parabéns pelo 2º aniversário do teu blog!
Isto de ter um blog em duas linguas não é para todos e tu sem dúvida mereces todos os elogios que recebes. Para além de escreveres, costurares, tricotares, trabalhares, ires ao ginásio, etc.. ainda tens tempo, em "off the record" para responderes a dúvidas e a questões nossas.

Aprendemos imenso contigo!

OBRIGADO por partilhares os teus conhecimentos e as tuas lindíssimas roupas!

Beijinhos

cidell said...

Tany, thank you for giving us the gift of your blog. I cannot wait to see what you do with the punk / Brit/ plaids!

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Querida Tany.- feliz aniversario. Que sea por muchos años y en nuestras vidas. Un fuerte abrazo y gracias por todo lo bueno que has compartido durante estos dos años.

Abrazos, Paco

Shannon said...

Happy 2nd birthday! Keep those amazing garments coming - you are constant my inspiration!

Lisette M said...

I'm looking forward to another year of your beautiful garments and educational tutorials!

Ann Made Studio said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary Tany!
It's been a real pleasure seeing all your amazing garments.
It would have been a tough job coming up with your 2008 favorite garments because every piece you make is beautiful. So of course I too love your picks :)
Your future collection fabrics are all gorgeous!

Gry said...

Congratulations!

I look foward to see your two collections. The fabrics you have chosen look great together.

Sigrid said...

Congratulations on your blog-anniversary. It's such a pleasure reading your posts and seeing the great detail with which you make all your clothes. Looking forward to all things you make, you're a great inspiration.

loopylulu said...

I didn't know you have only been blogging for 2 years. Your blog is such a great source of information that it is truly remarkable all that you have shared with us so far.

Dei said...

Tany, I sew enjoy reading your blog. I look forward to seeing your creations and patience in explaining the process. Thanks and many more happy years of blogging!

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on your 2nd anniversary! You are so generous in sharing your talent and your art. I enjoy very visit here!

Claudia said...

Congratulations!
I love your style, your sewing is the best I have seen in blogs!
Thank you for sharing your creations with us,
best regards
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Tany,
Gracias por compartir tu increible talento y ser una constante fuente de inspiracion, sobre todo en el arte de la buena costura...que el 2009 te conceda a ti y los tuyos lo mejor y mas, mucho mas.....NDumas

Reethi said...

Congratulations, Tany, and thanks for being such a great inspiration & resource! And Happy New Year to you too!

Alfaias said...

Parabéns não só pelo aniversário do blog, mas também pelo bom gosto, pela dedicação e pela partilha.
Ficamos todos à espera de outros tantos, no mínimo, com a mesma vontade de criar beleza e realizar sonhos.
Votos de excelente 2009.
Alfaias

Ana's Closet said...

Parabéns pelo sucesso e um muito obrigada pelo que partilhas e ensinas! é precioso o teu trabalho!

Espero puder continuar a visitar-te por muitos anos, com os projectos de excelência que escolhes!

Beijinhos

Sue said...

Congratulations on a successful 2008 - I look forward to reading your blog in 2009! The vanilla-chocolate combo is yummy!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd anniversary Tany!

You have accomplished so much during just 2 years, have shared many great techniques with us and I'm so thankful for that.

Thanks and to many more years and wonderful collections!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Your blog always makes me smile; thanks so much for sharing your skill and love of creating.

Angie R.

Vicki said...

Tany, those sewing plans look like a lot of fun. I can just see you wearing all that. I think I need some more "fun" in my wardrobe. Congratulations on your blog anniversary and your readership. It is not a surprise as you make the most wonderful things :))

Sheila said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary and like others, I am looking forward to your 2009 collecton and enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Tany,
Parabéns pelo aniversário. Espero que continues por muitos e muitos anos com este Blog.
Te admiro muito por tudo que compartilhas conosco. Fico admirada como consegues tempo pra fazer todos estes belos trabalhos e ainda fazer ginástica.
Feliz 2009!

Anonymous said...

A very happy anniversary! Thank you, Tany, for being so generous in sharing your skills and teaching others.

Lori said...

Happy 2nd anniversary. Tany, your blog provides so much information and inspiration, I appreciate all the tutorials you provide. I think everyone of your garments are fantastic.

Alexandra said...

Congratulations on you blog-anniversary! Your sewing is so inspiring and so beautiful, I don't know how anyone could pick a favorite.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tany

Your wonderful blog has given me so much inspiration and pleasure. Your sewing skills are beautiful and you have a keen eye for what fabrics work in the right styles. I wish that I could create as many wonderful pieces as you do, knitting included!!! I hope a little of it rubs off on me this year.

I know that you will achieve all your goals in 2009 plus some.

kindest regards,
Colette x

Unknown said...

Dear Tany!

I am one of your blog avid readers. I enjoy your creations and I enjoy reading about the construction process. I believe I create the 1% of traffic from Slovenia :)
Best wishes for your 2nd anniversary!!!!

Ana

Sew-4-Fun said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary! Reading your blog is always such a pleasure, and I thank you for taking the time to document in detail the many garments you sew. I know from my own blog how much time it takes. Best wishes for 2009!

Catarina said...

Parabéns pelo 2º aniversário. Desde que comecei as minhas andanças nas costuras e, sendo uma novata como sou, o teu blog tornou-se leitura assídua. Já aprendi tanto com ele e contigo.

Obrigada pela existência do teu blog.

Bjs.
Catarina

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary! You've been such an inspiration to me, and I love your sneak preview of your collections - the British Neo Punk one is going to be SO Vivienne Westwood!

Anonymous said...

Tany,congrats on your 2nd blog anniversary. It is always a pleasure to read your blog and seeing the gorgeous made outfits.

Maria Filomena said...

Tany,parabéns pelo segundo aniversário do seu blog. O seu trabalho é espetacular... Tanto, que me inspirou e eu, que nunca tinha feito nada de costura, no tocante a vestuário, já comecei... é claro que nem chega ao seu rasto, quanto mais aos pés, mas é assim que se começa... Continue a nos presentear com trabalhos lindíssimos e aulas formidáveis... Abraços de maria Filomena do Filomena Crochet tricot costura.blogspot.com.

Eden said...

Tany: sou novata nas costuras, mas é algo que me tem dado imenso prazer. Parabéns por todos os trabalhos fantásticos com que nos tem presenteado e pelo seu talento.
O seu blog ainda é bebé, mas eu vou gostar de vê-lo crescer ;)
Feliz Aniversário!!!

Celina said...

Não podia deixar de vir dar os Parabéns merecidíssimos ao Couture et Tricot. É obra, realmente, o modo como produzes peças lindas e primorosas e ainda consegues transmitir detalhadamente (e em 2 línguas) aquilo que sabes, ensinando-nos tanto a quem está deste lado. Só posso agradecer e desejar que continues assim por muitos e bons anos.
MUITOS PARABÉNS!!!!
Beijinhos

LauraLo said...

Happy blogoversary, my dear friend, and most of all a happy 2009, full of joy and deprived of stress. A big hug!

Margi said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you continued sewing success in 2009!

Miss Sewing said...

Felicidades en tu 2ºAniversario bloguero. Espero disfrutar de tus creaciones, artesanias y obras de arte en este nuevo año.
Besos
Ana

Cennetta said...

My goodness, Tany. It has been such a pleasure peeking into your "sewing studio". Your impeccable skills and phenomenal garments are inspiring. I only dream of sewing and designing as well as you. Happy Blogiversary! Please continue the wonderful crafting that you do!
Cennetta

Corteygrif said...

Querida Tany
parabenssssssssssssssssssss
fico imensamente feliz que o teu trabalho seja reconhecido,es uma artista,perfeccionita,detalhista,
qualidades que admiro muito,para mim è um prazer enorme pasar por aqui,e cada peça que fazes,è de um bm gosto na eleiçao de materiais incrivel,AMO O TEU GUARDA-FATO(risos)
E o melhor de tudo ter a tua amizade,es fantastica.
Para mim pessoalmente o melhor blog de costuras,um orgulho para nòs Portugueses.
Que continues por muitos anos connosco,guapetona!!
Mereces tudo de bom que te rodeia
um abraço
ROSA

Anonymous said...

Olá Tany,

Realmente tens um blog maravilhoso. E o melhor é compartilhá-lo conosco.Seria perfeito se v pudesse vir ao Brasil, Recife, ministrar aulas de alta costura. Que tal a idéia?Que Deus te dê muitos anos de vida, muita saúde e paciência para continuar a nos presentear com este lindo blog.
Moema, Brasil, Recife

Tany said...

Obrigada Moema, acredite que adoraria fazer isso mesmo! Beijinhos!