Jaqueta em imitação de pele - Faux fur jacket

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)

Modelo original: Burda Out2008 mod102

Descrição: Jaqueta simples cortada a direito, mangas raglan com elástico nos punhos (omiti o elástico na minha versão), gola alta e fecho com molas de pressão. A jaqueta é completamente forrada.

Material: imitação de pele de pónei (pele com o pelo mais curto), forro e 5 molas de pressão grandes.

Modificações: Como já referi, não coloquei os elásticos nos punhos e por isso encurtei as mangas em 5cm. Também acrescentei uma mola de pressão mais perto da gola.

Mais vistas:


Esta jaqueta é bastante simples de fazer, tendo os cuidados normais na manipulação de tecidos com pelo (a Burda traz um artigo sobre a costura deste tipo de tecidos e também sobre as molas de pressão). Além de simples, é bastante versátil; podem ver a seguir como fica com um cinto e com a gola para baixo:


As molas que usei são bastante grandes e feitas de plástico negro; encontrei-as na retrosaria onde costumo ir:

Detalhes do forro:


Conclusão: Depois de ter estado adoentada, precisei de algo fácil e rápido de fazer; como sabem as temperaturas têm estado bastante baixas e por isso resolvi dar prioridade aos casacos mais quentes e deixar as peças mais leves para depois. Gosto muito do estilo desta jaqueta (sou apaixonada por casacos com pelo!) e creio que saiu muito bem neste tecido de pelo curto em negro. É o primeiro elemento do conjunto Neo-Punk Britânico!


Original model: BWOF Oct2008 mod102

Description: Simple straight-cut jacket has raglan sleeves and elasticized cuffs (I omitted this detail in my version), standing collar and front snap closure. The jacket is fully lined.

Materials: Faux fur (it’s kind of an imitation of pony hair because the pile is so short) in black, lining and 5 huge snaps.

Alterations: As I stated before, I skipped the elastic on the cuffs and had to shorten the sleeves by nearly 2 inches for this reason. I also added another snap near the collar.

More views:


This jacket is very simple to make, taking the special care and instructions on handling pile fabrics into account (this edition of BWOF features an article on this subject and also on the big snap closures). Not only this is a simple design, it is also versatile; in the pictures above you can see it worn with a belt and with the collar down for a different look:


These snaps are really huge! They are made of black acrylic. I found them at my usual notions store here in Aveiro.

Lining details:


Conclusion: After being sick I needed something quick and easy to get me back on the road; besides, the temperatures here have been low and I decided that I need to prioritize my sewing list, starting by the warmer elements (the other might as well carry me through spring!). I really love the style of this jacket, it reminds me of another one I made many years ago (that’s a subject for another post!). This is the first sewn element of the British Neo-Punk collection!

33 comments:

Christina said...

This is a great piece that you'll be able to wear for many years. I like it with the belt and I can't wait to see more of the neo-punk collection!

Erica Bunker said...

Tany,
What a beautiful coat! This is definitely a piece that you'll wear for years!

Amanda S. said...

I love it! I was wondering what this coat would look like in a fur with a shorter pile. So thanks! Now I know I can make it with the fur I've got in my stash. Your neo-punk collection sounds fabulous - can't wait to see more.

Vicki W said...

If this is the first peice, I can't wait to see the rest of this collection! Glad you are feeling better.

Ann Made Studio said...

Tany, I love the style of this coat! The fabric is the perfect choice. It looks very elegant, and it looks wonderful with and without the belt.
I'm happy to hear you are feeling better :)

Bunny said...

Great introduction to your new collection. It's great with the belt.

Vicki said...

Looks really warm and cosy. I think this collection is going to be really fun and interesting. Great start.

Anonymous said...

Very luxurious! Love it with the carrie bradshaw belt. You can dress it up or down.

Angie R.

Sue said...

I really love the jacket - I will have to go and have another look a the pattern.
I also enjoyed seeing your Orange Extravaganza collection photographed in combinations - lovely!

Lori said...

Beautiful coat and a great start to another collection.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Lovely! I am sure the next pieces will be just as fantastic!

Jenna said...

Tany, What a beautiful jacket!! You are so talented!! This looks like it was very easy to put together I have this magazine also maybe I will try it.

Adriana B. said...

Great piece! Love it with the belt!

Jackie said...

This is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of the British Neo-Punk collection!

Dei said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

wow that is super cute! i especially love it with the collar down and the belt. Great job!

Berry said...

This beautiful jacket will definitely keep you warm. I hope that temperatures will rise though. I also like it with the belt, great neo punk touch !

senaSews said...

Wow, great jacket! As always, a wonderful creation!

Katrin said...

Dear Tany,

a very stylish jacket, great!
I can´t wait to see the neo punk collection.

Best regards,
Katrin

Ana Carina said...

Tany,

Primeiro queria dizer-te que acho muito interessando ao teu conceito de "colecção" em vez de apresentares os projectos individualmente!

Estou muito curiosa em relação a esta colecção em particular porque não sei bem o que está incluído no NEO punk britânico, mas presumo que haja muitas misturas de material.

Já vejo a imitação de pele neste casaco, que tem um corte bem simples, e que deve ser muiiiitooo quentinho!

Fico, então, ansiosa para ver o resto da colecção!

Beijinhos

Linda L said...

Another beautifully made garment! Truly a nice looking jacket and it looks so warm!!!

Rachel said...

WOW!!! That is beautiful. It makes me want to sew a faux fur jacket. I can't want to see more of the neo punk collection.

Adrienne said...

Beautiful!!

Eden said...

Olá Tany.
Eu tenho um casaco com um corte parecido mas comprei-o no ano passado (antes de me iniciar nas costuras).
Ficou super giro o acabamento das mangas, acho que ainda ficou melhor que o original.
Parece ser muito quentinho!!!
Foi difícil trabalhar este tipo de tecido (devido ao pêlo)?
Bjs.

Tany said...

Olá Eden! Bom, este tecido não foi muito difícil, talvez porque o pelo é curto; é importante que as peças cortadas tenham a direcção do pelo correcta (neste caso o pelo está orientado para baixo) e ao coser, sempre que possível fazê-lo no sentido do pelo (por exemplo, as costuras laterais são cosidas começando na cava e terminando na baínha). Isso impede que o pelo entre as duas camadas de tecido as faça deslizar e sair do lugar ao coser. Também costumo usar muitos alfinetes para manter as margens alinhadas enquanto coso. Este tecido também não aguenta o ferro, mas surpreendentemente as costuras abrem bem, mesmo sem serem assentes a ferro. Beijinhos!

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany.- este chaquetón es precioso y te vendrá muy bien para el frio. Yo solamente he practicado una vez con este tipo de telas y la verdad es que no tengo muy buen recuerdo. Ahora me pidieron una chaqueta de imitación de piel de leopardo, así que estoy seguro de que te pedire consejo, pues recuerdo aquel tan bonito que hiciste el año pasado. Un abrazo, Paco

Sheila said...

Lovely Jacket and your collection, which is so versatile.

Anonymous said...

Muito bem! Estou curiosa com uma coisa, o pelo do modelo é mesmo "ondulado", ou são costuras que lhe fazem esse efeito? Gostei muito da nova versão das mangas, ficaram mais giras assim. As melhoras!

Bjs

Mónica

macati said...

adoro adoro adoro... usaria sem cinto!
e que sorte tem a tua irma ter uma irma como tu... :)
bjcas

Miriam Fabiano said...

Uau! Adorei, Tany!
O preto cai super bem com pêlos, fica chiquérrimo, e eu acho simplesmente o máximo!
Estou curiosíssima pra ver os outros ítens dessa sua nova coleção.
Mas fico imaginando que você possua muitos armários pra guardar tanta coisa, hein...
Em tempo: estimo melhoras muito rápido.

Heather Dee said...

Do you have a picture of this coat on you? It is MAGNIFICENT! It is so styish and edgy. The great thing about garments like this is you don’t even have to try to look good with the rest or your outfit, this coat will do it all.

Tany said...

Heather Dee:Thank you for your comment!
I'm planning on posting pictures of me wearing this coat when I have the other British Neo-Punk items made up, just as I did for the Orange Extravaganza set. I think it's more interesting like this, seeing the garment worn as part of an outfit and a context. Taking pictures of me with the sewn garment on sometimes is not that straight forward because I have to ask my boyfriend to take the pictures and he has absolutely no sense of what is right and what is wrong; as consequence, most of the times I have to repeat the photoshoots to get good pictures. You can see an example of this in the velvet coat pictures (http://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com/2009/01/acho-que-vos-estava-dever-esta-foto-i.html); he didn't notice my bracelets pulling the right sleeve up in the first picture on the left; I was in no mood to take any more pictures (he takes so long that I end up making funny faces) so I went with the picture as is. I do take pictures of the garments on me whenever posible and when the garments are not part of a collection.

Corteygrif said...

Realmente esta peça fica bem mais valorizada,com os cintos largos,gosto muito deste estilo!
a manga raglan da-lhe um caimento perfeito para o tipo de tecido que è!!ameiiiiiiiiii!