Knitting a blue vest - It's time to update this blog!

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN Summary: The blog has been idle for a while and I'm sorry for that... I will try catching up and keep it updated this new year. Today I have a knitted vest to show you guys, so keep reading the full article on tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com to know about all the details.

PT Summary: Este blogue tem estado um pouco abandonado, as minhas desculpas...Vou tentar po-lo em dia e mantê-lo atualizado neste novo ano. Hoje tenho um colete tricotado para vos mostrar; se quiserem saber os detalhes, leiam o artigo completo em tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com.

EN: I lost my creative mojo roughly around the end of April 2021; something about working from home and not having the chance of wearing my makes really got to me, so I kind of hibernated/paused making clothes. By mid October my company's policy changed from 100% work@home voluntary model to a hybrid model where employees would have to spend at least 25% of working hours in the facility. Being able to wear my clothes kicked started my creative mood and I started to dream about new makes for my wardrobe. Instead of dusting off my industrial sewing machine right away I decided to do some easy knitting first and use the yarn I had stashed for ages.

---

PT: Perdi a minha vontade de fazer novas peças mais ou menos no fim de Abril de 2021; o facto de não ter onde usar as roupas que fazia começou realmente a afetar-me, e acabei por hibernar/pausar as minhas atividades criativas. EM meados de Outubro a minha empresa passou de um regime de work@home voluntário a 100% para um modelo misto em que os empregados teriam de passar pelo menos 25% do tempo mensal de expediente na empresa. O facto de poder usar a minha roupa acabou por ser a faísca de ignição que precisava para voltar a fazer coisas, mas em vez de tirar o pó da minha máquina de coser industrial, primeiro decidi começar por um projeto fácil de tricô e usar alguma da lã que tinha acumulada aqui em casa.

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: For this project I based myself in the instructions of this YouTube video (click here to be redirected to YouTube directly):
---
PT: Para este projeto de tricô baseei-me nas instruções deste video YouTube (clicar aqui para visualizar no YouTube):

EN: I made a few alterations to the pattern: raised the armholes and also made the neckline/armhole ribbing wider. Other than that I followed the video tutorial.
---
PT: Fiz algumas alterações às instruções originais: basicamente subi um pouco as cavas e fiz o revesilho um pouco mais largo nas cavas e decote. 
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: It felt really good making something to wear again and using my chill time by the fireplace while watching TV didn't disrupt my current routines. 
---
PT: Soube mesmo bem voltar a fazer algo novo para vestir e o facto de tricotar nos tempos livres, à lareira, enquanto via os meus programas favoritos na TV não alterou em nada as minhas rotinas.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: Here's the vest included in an outfit idea: the blazer is from COS (I also got the inspiration of a blue knitted vest from them) and the bermuda shorts were sewn shortly after finishing the vest The bermudas are currently stored away until Spring so I don't know when I'll be able to review them properly.
---
PT: Aqui têm o colete no contexto de um outfit: o blazer é da COS (de onde tirei também a inspiração para o colete azul) e as bermudas foram feitas por mim logo a seguir a acabar o colete. As bermudas neste momento estão arrumadas até à primavera, por isso não sei quando as poderei mostrar em condições.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com

EN: This knitting project was finished in early October 2021. I am far behind on the blog but I've been posting pictures of my makes regularly on my Instagram account @tany0471, so follow me there if you want a quick update of what I've been up to lately.

Happy New Year to all!

---

PT: Este colete de tricô foi terminado em inicio de Outubro de 2021. Estou bastante atrasada no blogue mas a minha conta do Instagram @tany0471 tem sido atualizada assiduamente sempre que tenho algo novo para mostrar, por isso sigam-me lá se quiserem uma visão mais atual do que tenho andado a fazer!

Feliz Ano Novo para todos!

4 comments:

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

Happy New Year Tany, and glad to see a blog post. I feel the same way, it feels sometimes a bit of a chore to do a post however when I think of all the connections I have made via the blog I decide to continue :) I wish I could knit but I have tried many times and it is just not going to happen. Wishing you health and happiness for 2022.

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

So glad to see you back.

The sweater is a beautiful color - it's perfect!

Pfaff said...

Oh yes am glad, that you do again your blog. A happy new year from Germany. Many regards christine

Vicki M said...

I lost my sewjo too as I was WFH from March 2020 until July 2021 when I then retired. Now I am still at home due to long lockdowns. I really don’t need any new clothes to go for walks and potter around. Sigh…. I am glad to see you are knitting again and your old injury is not stopping you. The vest is a nice vibrant colour 😀