Vestido Jocavi: terminado – Jocavi Dress: finished

Aqui está:
Here it is:

O vestido ficou óptimo! Mais uma vez os moldes Patrones não me desiludiram: nem um ajuste ao molde tamanho 42!
This dress turned out great! Once again I'm very pleased with the Patrones patterns: not a single adjustment was made to the size 42 pattern!

Apresentação do modelo original e lista de material
Presenting the original model and notions

Correcção em relação à lista de material: Inicialmente não planeava usar o fio Alterfil para as costuras pois não tinha a cor azul escura ideal para este vestido, por isso ponderei usar o fio Serafil, que é muito fininho e que já tinha na cor correcta. No entanto depois lembrei-me que tinha um carrinho de Alterfil preto e resolvi usar essa linha, que é especialmente indicada para tecidos frágeis, no vestido, obtendo assim os melhores resultados. Usei o fio Serafil na corta-e-cose e também para os pespontos porque este fio tinha a cor certa para o tecido e, por ser tão fino, torna-se quase invisível.
Addendum to the notions list: At first I was not planning to use Alterfil thread on this dress because I don't have the matching color (dark blue) for the fabric, so I was going to use the Serafil thread instead; when I was testing the seams I tried black Alterfil thread and the results were most satisfactory so I used this black Alterfil thread instead for seaming and kept the dark blue Serafil for the serger and topstitching because the color matches the fabric so well and the Serafil is so thin that becomes almost invisible.

Modificações em relação ao modelo original:
Alterations to the original model:


Foi retirada a banda da bainha, tornando a saia numa peça só.
I skipped the large band hem, making it part of the skirt as a whole.

Técnicas especiais:
Special techniques used:


Preparação do tecido antes de começar a costurar
Prep work before starting to sew

A frente e as costas
The front and the back for the dress


O decote em V franzido
The gathered V-neckline

Além do que escrevi, este artigo no blog The Sewing Divas foi bastante elucidativo e inspirador e usei muitas das dicas descritas, além da informação sobre materiais específicos.
Besides what I wrote about the making of this dress, this article at The Sewing Divas blog was very informative and inspiring for sewing tips and reference to special purpose notions.

Alguns detalhes:
A few detailed pictures:


O decote:
The neckline:

Por dentro:
Inside:

Detalhe do vértice (que foi fechado no centro com pontos à mão invisíveis depois de inserir as alças):
Encasing vertex detail (the center opening was closed by handstitched invisible stitches after inserting the straps):

Detalhe da alça, onde é feito um pesponto para manter o franzido do decote de forma permanente:
Strap detail, where a row of topstitching keeps the gathering in place:

As costas:
The back:

O acabamento da abertura do fecho por dentro:
The finishing on the zipper opening inside:

A bainha estreitinha, tanto no forro como na saia do vestido:
The narrow baby hem, on both the dress and lining:

A racha lateral por dentro (é reforçada em cima, por dentro, com um quadradinho de organza para evitar que esgace):
The side slit on the wrong side (inside I placed a small square of black silk organza on the seam, reinforcing the opening to prevent ripping):

Conclusão: Este vestido é fantástico! Assenta que nem uma luva, é confortável e bastante elegante. O vivo em croché dá-lhe um toque especial e identifica-o com o casaco Burda de croché que está ainda em execução. Recomendo este modelo vivamente! No total demorei 30h40 a finalizá-lo!
Conclusion: This dress is awesome! It fits like a glove, it's flattering and very comfortable! The crocheted trim gives a special touch and it makes the connection with the Burda crochet jacket, still ongoing btw. I highly recommend this pattern. Total amount of time spent on this dress: 30h40!

Mais fotos minhas a usar o vestido Jocavi:
More pictures of me wearing the Jocavi dress:





Espero que tenham gostado desta aventura na costura! ;)
I hope you've enjoyed this sewing adventure! ;)

41 comments:

Unknown said...

Ficou lindo, como todas as peças que fazes!!Desejos de uma optima semana!!

Katrin said...

Hello Tany,

what a gorgeous dress! It looks beautiful on you.
And thanks a lot for the excellent construction details.

Regards,
Katrin

Anonymous said...

Fica lindo em ti e a tua versão é muito mais bonita do que o original!

Shannon said...

This dress looks amazing on you. Another fabulous project!!

Lori said...

Your dress is beautiful and looks perfect on you.

KayB said...

Cute, cute summer dress! What a great pattern can do for one! It fits you nicely.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous! And no wonder when you spent 30+ hours on it. You really do do beautiful work. Thanks for all the instructions and photos. :)

Anonymous said...

it really does look very comfortable but I can't stop looking at your shoes, those look very comfortable and stylish also, lol

Anonymous said...

Fantastic dress fits as a glove and as usual impeccable sewing. The fabric is lovely and suits you.
I am glad you found the post on TSD useful and that you could use the alterfil and serafill, which you ordered.
I know that both threads are expensive but so worthwhile the costs if it helps in sewing impeccable garments, we only want the best notions and fabrics for the time we spend on sewing garments.
The phrase a shirt making company used a long time ago in on of their adds will always be remembered by me.
“The quality remains long after the high price is forgotten”.

DÍÈKÓ Lagos said...

Tany, you've done it again, your wardrobe must be full by now. Great work girl.

Adrienne said...

Very nice Tany! I love it!

LauraLo said...

Awesome, Tany, simply awesome!
LauraLo

renee said...

I love everything about this dress!

Debbie Cook said...

Beautiful sewing! The dress is so pretty on you.

dawn said...

Tany, an impeccable job as usual! It's truly beautiful on you. I especially admire the neckline. I'm glad you left out the band at the bottom too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love the neckline on this one.

Frau Vau said...

GLORIOUS!
can't wait to see it with the matching crochet jacket!

Erica Bunker said...

Tany, that turned out great! I love the shoes too!

touran said...

Tany, I'm so glad to have found your blog and to see your fantastic work. It's really fun to see other people's Patrones creations. It's one my favorite pattern sources.

Unknown said...

Oi, Tany! Ficou belo! Estou ansiosa para ver o casaquinho de crochê pronto! Tenha uma excelente semana! Abraços!

Tini said...

Fabulous as ever! I'm so amazed about all of the work you get done while I'm soooo slow

Summerset said...

Gorgeous! The inside finishes on the bodice I'm sure make it so much more comfortable to wear. It's well worth the 30hours!

Abi said...

Great looking dress, superb fit.Well done.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Tany - I may be quick but your attention to detail and fit are superb! I love the dress and it was so much to watch the dress in progress and then to see the final result!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous! It's a perfect fit, beautiful choices of pattern and fabric, and, of course, the finishing is superb. If only I could get my finishing to turn out half as nice as yours, I'd be satisfied!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress and it was so much fun watching the progress as it is seeing the finished work.

Tany said...

Obrigada a todas(os) pela visita e comentários!

Thanks to all for visiting and commenting!

Touran: Thanks! Patrones is becoming a favorite for me too! Be welcome to Couture et Tricot!

Marji said...

It’s all been said, but I'll add my words: Impeccable construction, beautifully finished inside and out, fabulous fit, Gorgeous Dress.

I can’t believe I go away a week and you’ve got another gorgeous creation up already.

Anonymous said...

Sharing your work in such detail is an encouragement for us to take the time to do each step correctly.

Your exquisite finished products depend on all those steps you so carefully demonstrate, and you are generous to take the extra time to post them.

Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Corteygrif said...

que perfeição os acabamentos Tany,ficou lindo,deixei uma flor pra ti no blog espero que gostes,é como sinal do meu carinho bjs

Sew-4-Fun said...

Beautiful dress. It looks lovely on you. I really like the fabric and trim you chose. What impressed me most though was the way you joined the shoulder straps into a V. Silly I know to be impressed by such a small detail :) , but I think it is ingenious. I can see how it would make the centre front sit much better. Thanks for sharing.

Kitty Couture said...

Dear Tany, your new dress is gorgeous, well worth the time spent. You are so beautiful in it. Congratulations. Big hugs to you.

Tany said...

Sew4fun: Thank you! Welcome to Couture et Tricot! I'm glad to have you here because I'm a great admirer of your work! I'm so glad you've started blogging too!

Isabelle: I'm so glad to have you back!

Cyranetta: Thank you so much for those very kind words, I try my best and I feel so happy that others like what I do and appretiate my efforts! Thank you!

Rosa: Já lá fui ver, muito obrigada! És uma querida!

Linda L said...

Oh what a gorgeous dress. Your work is impeccable. I like how you handle the straps and the gathering on this dress. I have bookmarked all of this for future reference.

gatorgirl4325 said...

Tany,
I am learning so much from you. Thanks for sharing all your construction details.

Beautiful dress! You look fabulous in it. I love your shoes too!

Chuana said...

Mais uma vez, um trabalho que saiu lindo! Agora com a "jaqueta" terá um complemento à altura!

Bjx
Chuana :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh Tany, I am a little late with my congratulations, and the words have all been said, but it is a beautiful dress, so flattering on you, and beautifully made as well. I love the details you show and your workmanship is so impeccable.

Anonymous said...

Vai ficar mesmo bonito com o casaquinho de crochet a condizer ;o)

Já agora, não esqueças depois de mostrar o vivo em crochet do vestido, tenho curiosidade sobre que tipo de ponto usaste...

jihnos

Anonymous said...

O vestido ficou um espanto! Adorei o promenor do decote em V e da tirinha em crochet!


Bjs

Mónica

Maja said...

I really like your dress!Modern and stilish..

Tany said...

Thank you Maja! Welcome to Couture et Tricot!