A blusa: as costuras e as tiras de amarrar - The blouse: the seams and the ties

Aqui têm o estado actual da blusa do conjunto preto:
This is the current status for the blouse:

Prometi mostrar como coso as costuras alinhavadas; a minha máquina fotográfica não é especialmente indicada para fotografias tiradas de perto, por isso desculpem-me a má qualidade das mesmas.
I promised to show you how I machine stitch the thread traced seams; my camera isn't good for close ups so forgive me the poor quality on some of the shots.

O facto das costuras estarem marcadas com alinhavos facilita-me imenso quando uno duas peças para coser uma costura; com os dedos posso sentir onde estão os alinhavos dos dois lados e sobrepor as linhas exactamente; fixo as costuras sobrepostas com alfinetes e coso na máquina, retirando os alfinetes à medida que avanço (antes de chegarem ao arrasto). Como é óbvio não se deve coser por cima dos alinhavos e sim um pouco ao lado destes, de outra forma ficam presos na costura:
Having seam lines thread traced really makes the process of overlapping the seams for stitching easier; with my fingertips I can feel where each seam is exactly and use pins to keep them aligned along the way. I machine stitch very close (not over) of the thread traced line, removing pins as I go (before the pins reach the feed dogs).
Podem ver aqui antes de puxar os alinhavos (depois de coser à máquina):
This is before I pull the bastings off (after machine stitching):
E aqui depois de virar as tiras e pespontá-las com fio madeira branco-sujo:
This is after turning the ties to the right side; as you see they are topstitched with Madeira thread (seashell colored):
O que fazer quando, apesar de todos os cuidados, os alinhavos ficam presos na costura? Bem primeiro precisam de saber que a linha de algodão de alinhavar tem características especiais: é mais grossa, no entanto parte-se e desfaz-se com mais facilidade porque é pouco torcida; por isso é fácil parti-la e “desfiá-la” para facilitar a sua remoção. Na figura seguinte tentei captar um caso em que a linha ficou presa na costura:
What to do when the thread tracing gets caught by the SM stitches? Well, first you need to know that the cotton basting thread I’m using has some special qualities: it's thicker yet it breaks easily because it's is not as twisted as regular thread. This makes the process of removing the bastings more easy because you can cut the thread next to the overstitched area, ravel it and then remove it using small tweezers. The next pictures try to capture this process:


Aqui têm um botão de madrepérola que tenciono usar:
Here is one of the mother of pearl buttons I plan to use:
Como podem ver, brinquei um pouco com as costuras, fazendo pespontos em algumas e bordados noutras:
As you can see I played a little with the seams, topstitching and using a decorative stitch on one of the the front's vertical seams:
E aqui têm o avesso das costuras:
And here is the wrong side:
NOTAS: usei agulhas Microtex (para tecidos muito densos) nº 60; linha Alterfil preta para coser as costuras; linha Madeira branco-sujo para os pespontos e bordados (na agulha); nos pespontos das tiras usei lilha Madeira também na canela (bobina da máquina); na corta-e-cose usei linha Serafil em tom natural contrastante. Nos bordados usei menos tensão na linha da agulha.
NOTES: I used size 60 Microtex needles on the SM, Alterfil black thread for seaming, seashell Madeira embroidery thread for topstitching and decorative stitching (on the needle only when possible, both the needle and bobbin when the underside is visible - ex. topstitching on the ties). On the serger I used natural colored contrasting Serafil thread. For the decorative stitches, I diminished the needle thread tension.

Até agora gastei 29h55 neste projecto.
Until now I've spent 29h55 on this project.

Até tão breve quanto possível!
See you as soon as possible!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Está a ficar muito giro!! Tens de mudar de profissao e abrir um "atelier".
Bom fim de semana!!Parece que as temperaturas vão subir!!!!!

Adrienne said...

This is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!! But all your garments are! lol

Anonymous said...

Que optimo, não esperava ver novidades esta semana, mas conseguis-te. A blusa está a ficar muito gira, adorei os bordados que fizes-te. à primeira vista pareciam mesmo uma aplicação.

Bjs

Mónica

Anonymous said...

Linda!

Kitty Couture said...

It's looking so beautiful Tany, I love the topstitching and the decorative stitch, what a lovely idea!

dawn said...

Impeccable as usual!

Side note: Does your camera have a little flower icon somewhere? I didn't know mine had a "close-up" adjustment until my friend pointed it out to me. The flower symbol is the icon for it. I think it's called a "macro" setting.

Toya said...

the decorative stitch is very nice, I like those extra touches

Summerset said...

Lovely - the stitching detail really adds to the garment without overpowering it. Sorry I haven't kept up - I will go back and read the posts in detail when I have a decent connection and time!

Anonymous said...

It's coming along nicely - It is going to be gorgeous!

Erica Bunker said...

Tany,
That is just gorgeous! I love the decorative stitch! Nice touch.

Dami said...

hehheee. i was just going to suggest tany look for the macro setting! looking good.

Vicki said...

Using the decorative stitch sparingly really adds to the look. It is coming along nicely.

Audrey said...

Olá Tany dei uma passadinha pra ver as novidades, e olha está ficando lindo adorei os pespontos com florzinha um ótimo final de semana pra você.
Beijos
Audrey

Abi said...

PCUA(playing catch up again)Tany , I love the decorative stitch embellishment.
Great work .