Casaco Orwell #8: Ajustes finais - Orwell Coat #8: Fine tuning the fit

Vejam só o resultado da minha manhã de trabalho hoje!
Behold the result of a morning’s work time!
Como podem ver, alinhavei metade do corpo do casaco, de forma a poder testar as proporções finais e ter a certeza que até agora está tudo a correr como eu queria. Farei a mesma coisa com as mangas, mas só depois do corpo do casaco estar pronto. Também determinei a melhor posição para os cintos laterais desta forma.
As you can see, I hand basted half of the coat’s body, so I can see the final alignment and proportions on 3D; this way I can be sure that everything is alright and according to plan. I’ll do the same with the sleeves, but I’ll wait until the body is finished to do that. I also successfully determined the right spot to sew in the side belts.

Para alinhavar o casaco costumo fazer o seguinte; primeiro dobro para dentro os valores de costura de uma das partes e depois sobreponho sobre os valores de costura da outra parte onde quero alinhavar; prendo tudo com alfinetes e depois vou alinhavando perto da dobra. Podem ver na figura como fiz (painel da frente):
I usually do the following: I fold SAs inside on one panel and I overlap both panels by the thread tracing; I pin everything together before I stitch it with a medium running stitch (strong enough to hold both layers together). See an example (front panels) in next picture:

Depois de ter alinhavado desta forma os painéis da frente e os painéis laterais às costas e frente (incluindo a costura dos ombros), temos meio corpo do casaco pronto para ser ajustado, se necessário. Uma coisa importante: devem por os chumaços nos ombros, presos por alfinetes, de forma a obterem o cair que o casaco vai ter quando estiver pronto (isto é importante para ajustar a cintura e o ponto do peito, que só assim são determinados correctamente).
After hand basting front, side panel and back together (including shoulders), I get half the coat’s body, ready to hang in the dress form, to make final tuning if necessary. One more thing: I pinned the shoulder pads in place so the coat hangs properly.

Tenho que vos dizer que fiquei bastante satisfeita com o resultado! Já dá para ver a forma final que o casaco vai tomar e não tive que ajustar nada, está perfeito (aos meus olhos, claro…). Notem que alinhavei também a pala do bolso e o cinto lateral.
I must tell you that I’m quite pleased with the result! Not only I didn’t have to adjust anything, the result also resembles the Orwell coat very much! I think it’s perfect! Note that the pocket flap and the side belt are pinned in place too.

Podem ver o casaco de lado e de trás, para terem uma ideia… Amanhã, minhas amigas(os), já posso começar a costurar a sério!!
You can see several views of the “half coat”, to get the overall picture… Tomorrow, my sewing friends, I’ll start sewing for real!!

Todas as entradas do casaco Orwell: clicar aqui.
All blog entries to Orwell Coat: click here.

5 comments:

Tini said...

Great work so far... I really should do that basting too...It's so worth it in the end!

Tany said...

Hi Tini! Be welcome! You're right, it's well worth it! And I enjoy while doing it too!

Els said...

Just found your blog and I really enjoyed reading about your sewing projects. Thanks for sharing your process of the beautiful made garments.

Tany said...

Thank you Els and welcome to my blog! I think the Sewing Divas do a wonderful job teaching and sharing sewing inspirations. Your work has inspired me very much during this past few months. Thank you again for stopping by, it means a lot to me :).

Anonymous said...

Isto é que foi um grande avanço! Estou super curiosa para ver o casaco, pois está a parecer muito bem!

Bjs

Mónica

PS- Não tive tempo este fds para ir á procura da revista, mas combinei com o marido para ele procurar á hora do almoço. Depois dou novidades.