Patrones Magazine #349 mod22: bodice muslin analisys – Revista Patrones #349 mod22: análise do modelo de prova do vestido (parte superior)


Check the previous article about constructing the muslin and comparing its pattern to the basic bodice block (click here). I forgot to say on my previous article that I went one size bigger for this dress, after measuring the pattern across the waist and chest (instead of my usual 42 I cut the 44); I have no idea how this would impact the skirt of the dress though. 


The front it doesn’t look so bad at a first glance, but we can see that the CF line is not vertical by observing the basted line (I think that’s because there’s extra room on the draped side,… The fact that there is no darts on the plain side also is a factor in my opinion). The front also rides up slightly, which is more evident when we look at the side views: 



--- 


Podem consultar o artigo prévio onde comparei o molde Patrones com o meu bloco básico da blusa (clicar aqui). Esqueci-me de mencionar no artigo anterior que depois de medir o molde da patrones resolvi traçar o tamanho acima do meu habitual (que seria o 42); este molde é o 44 espanhol, portanto.
À primeira vista a frente não está muito mal, mas podemos observar pela linha alinhavada que o corpo repuxa um pouco para o lado não drapeado (creio que é porque o lado drapeado é mais amplo, mas o facto de não haver pinças no lado não drapeado também deve ajudar). Também vemos que a frente levanta um pouco na cintura, o que é mais evidente quando vemos de lado.

The side view of the plain side shows that the side seam also rides back. There’s clearly the need of a chest dart here. 

--- 

A vista lateral do lado não-drapeado mostra claramente que o molde iria beneficiar de uma pinça de peito e confirma que a frente precisa de ser mais comprida no centro.

It’s the same on the draped side, although it doesn’t look so bad. 

--- 

Do outro lado identificam-se os mesmo problemas, embora não tão evidentes.

Given the facts, I don’t think I’ll use this pattern. Instead I will try develop a new pattern from my bodice block pattern achieving similar style lines (with our without the side drape on the shoulder). I can foresee some pattern manipulation and a new muslin coming up! See you guys soon!

---

Dados estes factos, creio que não vou utilizar o molde da Patrones mas sim tentar modificar o meu molde básico para tentar obter o mesmo estilo de vestido ou algo semelhante. Antevejo já um outro modelo de prova desta vez com um molde produzido por mim! Até breve!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks Tany for sharing this. I find this pattern drafting very interesting.

Mónica Martinho said...

Pois, foi o que pensei...

toy said...

the arrows are a great visual aid, thanks for sharing. Good info for what to look at when fitting.

Ann Made Studio said...

I forgot to say that your basic bodice draft fit so much nicer than this.
You did a great job drafting your bodice.