Saturday, June 6, 2015

Patrones Magazine #349 mod 22 WIP: The original pattern bodice muslin – Revista Patrones #349 mod22: o modelo de prova do corpo do vestido


In this previous post I’ve shown you guys my efforts to produce a bodice basic block so I’d be able to proof this dress from Patrones magazine; today I want to show you the comparison between the basic block and the magazine pattern, and the early stages of the construction of a muslin for the Patrones original pattern. After tracing the original pattern I added seam allowances with the help of a double tracing wheel. I have some white cotton pique in my stash and I thought I could use it, because it has a similar weight and drape as the fashion fabric which I intend to use for the dress. 

--- 

Neste artigo da semana passada falei-vos dos meus esforços para produzir um bloco básico da blusa, para efeitos de comparação e retificação deste vestido da revista Patrones; hoje vou partilhar convosco a comparação entre os dois moldes (o bloco básico e o molde da revista), e os passos iniciais para produzir um modelo de prova do molde da revista. Depois de traçar o molde da parte de cima do vestido, adicionei margens de costura com a ajuda de uma recortilha dupla. Tinha um resto de piqué de algodão branco que será ideal para testar o molde da revista, pois tem um cair quase igual ao tecido que planeio usar para a versão final do vestido.

Here we can see the front comparison (underneath is my basic block draft). Where did all the darts went? It looks like they were shifted to the shoulders and left open before drafting the shoulder line. The left side of the front has no pleats or darts. The shoulder extends and drops considerably and the armhole height looks very similar to the basic block (which is too short for a final garment, even more if it should be a little loose). The draped side front seems to be obtained by slashing and spreading the front pattern from the shoulder down to the waist in parallel lines, pivoting from the waist.

--- 

Aqui podemos ver a comparação da frente em ambos os moldes (por debaixo está o meu bloco básico da blusa e por cima, em papel vegetal, o molde da Patrones). Onde estão as pinças? Parece-me que as moveram para o ombro e as deixaram abertas antes de desenharem a linha definitiva do ombro. Na esquerda o molde não tem pregas nem pinças. O ombro estende-se e cai bastante e a cava parece-me da mesma altura da do bloco básico, o que é pouco para um modelo final que se quer um pouco solto.  O lado drapeado parece ter sido obtido através de uma frente igual à da esquerda, com 4 cortes deste o ombro até à cintura e depois abrindo o molde para formar as pregas no ombro.

Here’s the back comparison; part of the waist dart was moved to the side seam. 

--- 

Aqui têm as costas; parte da pinça da cintura foi movida para as costuras laterais.

At this point I’m really curious about seeing how this pattern looks on a real body; I’ve cut the white cotton pique and again, with the help of my tracing wheel (a single one this time) and yellow carbon paper I transferred all the relevant markings to the wrong side of the fabric. 

--- 

Já estou a ficar mesmo curiosa em ver o molde Patrones feito em tecido. Cortei o piqué branco e com a ajuda da minha recortilha (agora a funcionar com uma única roda) e papel químico amarelo, passei todas as marcações para o avesso do tecido.

Next I will show you the completed bodice muslin made of white cotton pique and make a final decision towards using this pattern or not. See you guys soon!

---

Para a próxima vou mostrar o modelo de prova em piqué branco e tomarei uma decisão final quanto a usar este molde da Patrones. Até breve!

2 comments:

Gail said...

I'm very interested in your seam allowance tracer. I use a 5/8" seam ruler, but the tracing wheel looks so much better.

Mónica Martinho said...

Ummm parece-me que talvez nao vá correr bem....