Um vestido simples, inspirado em Gucci - A simple dress inspired by Gucci

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)

A minha inspiração (em termos de palete de cores) veio da colecção de pronto-a-vestir Primavera 2008 de Gucci, que se baseia nas cores branco, negro e amarelo. O modelo original pode ser visto aqui (site da Burdamode).

Como devem ter reparado, fiz algumas modificações ao modelo original. Tudo começou quando comprei o tecido, apenas 2m (1,5m de largo), pensando que seria mais do que suficiente. No entanto este modelo leva cerca de 3,5m! Quando voltei à loja no dia seguinte o tecido (jersei muito macio de alta qualidade com um cair muito sedoso) já tinha sido todo vendido. Então, para que 2m chegassem, em vez de fazer a saia com trespasse, cortei uma frente na dobra do tecido usando o molde dado apenas até à linha do meio (eliminando o extra do trespasse: a frente original teria dois panos que se cruzam no meio). Como os trespasses foram cortados noutro tecido, 2m chegaram mesmo à justa para o vestido com estas modificações.

Nota: as costas da parte superior também têm uma costura central porque não havia comprimento suficiente para as cortar na dobra.

Outra modificação foi o cós, que deixa de ser aberto na frente e de ter as tiras a sair na frente (como este top que usa o mesmo molde). Em vez disso usei o molde das tiras cortado ao meio no sentido do comprimento para cortar umas tiras de metade da largura original e cortei-as no tecido do vestido, em vez de preto. Estas tiras foram colocadas nas costuras do cós exterior de lado (o cós agora é constituído por 4 partes: frente exterior e interior, costas exterior e interior, com costuras no lado):

As tiras podem dar a volta atrás e atar na frente:

Ou serem atadas nas costas apenas:

Podem ver o cós por dentro:

E já agora as mangas também:

Para a bainha usei o ponto “coverstitch” estreito da minha corta-e-cose:

Conclusão: Creio que o vestido ficou muito bem, tem um cair magnífico e é muito macio contra o corpo. As cores, como sabem, estão bem na moda esta estação. É um vestido fácil de fazer e com um tecido bonito fica muito valorizado.

Já agora mostro o detalhe das sandálias de plataforma que comprei por serem o par ideal para este vestido:

E alguns modelos de Gucci (as fotos são do website www.style.com):



No próximo post vou mostrar algo que fiz para oferecer a uma futura mamã, que não tem nada a ver com roupa mas com decoração de quartos de bebé! Fiquem bem!


My inspiration (the color palette in this case) came from the Gucci Spring2008 RTW collection, which is based on the colors white, black and yellow. The original model can be seen here (Burdamode website).

As you may have noticed, my dress is a little different. I made some alterations due to fabric shortage. When I saw this fabric I thought 2m would be enough for the dress; when I got home and consulted the magazine, I saw that 3,5m were required for this model! The next day I ran into the fabric shop only to find out that this fabric (a very soft and smooth jersey that drapes beautifully) was sold out (no wonder…)! So I had to improvise; I was able to eliminate the crossed over fronts of the skirt by cutting a single front on the fold, using the pattern’s center front line, so I could spare one skirt length (the two fronts occupy the fabric’s width each). The contrasts and waistband were to be cut on black jersey so that saved me some more fabric. The 2m were barely enough but I made it!

ETA: There's also a back seam on the bodice because there wasn't enough fabric lenght to cut it on the fold, but it's barely noticeable.

Another thing I did differently is the waistband, that doesn’t break at the center front to cross over and take the ties (as seen in this model, which uses the same pattern). Instead I cut four waistband pieces: an outer front, an outer back, an inner front and an inner back, all with side seams. For the ties I used half the pattern (lengthwise) to make them narrower, cut them on the printed jersey and attached them to the side seams instead:

The ties can cross on the back and tie on the front:

Or simply tied on the back:

Here’s the inner waistband:

And the sleeve cuffs on the inside:

I used the coverstitch to hem the dress:

Conclusion: I believe this dress turned out quite well, it has a wonderful drape and it feels so soft against the skin. The colors are very trendy right now. I think it’s a fairly easy dress to make and also very simple but it can be enhanced by a nice fabric

These sandals were bought with this dress in mind:

And I finish my presentation by showing some Gucci models for your viewing pleasure (all pictures from www.style.com):



Next I will show you something I sewed for a future Mom! It’s not apparel related, instead is more baby room decoration-related! See you all soon!

49 comments:

Adrienne said...

Tany you look stunning!!! Your dress, fabric and shoes are a perfect match! Well done!

Erica Bunker said...

Gorgeous dress! And yes, Gucci's SS08 collection is fabulous and makes for great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

very cute Tany,love that print

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Great improvising and workmanship on that fabric...i'm inspired to tackle my jersey dress.

Angie R.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous dress!

Shannon said...

Another beauty! And I love those shoes!

Lori said...

Tany, this is so stunning. I like all your changes and the fabric is gorgeous. Perfectly understandable why it was gone when you went back.

Sew-4-Fun said...

Gorgeous dress, Tany. I think with your design changes your dress is nicer than the original. Love the fabric!

AllisonC said...

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous - and the shoes too! I agree that the changes you made are brilliant and I think I'll do the same when I make this dress - which now I know I must!

Vicki said...

I think the single front will be more wearable and you saved fabric! Really lovely outfit.

Rose said...

absolutely gorgeous! I like what you did with the waistband--it divides the dress into two sections (top and bottom), but with the patterned straps, it doesn't make the pattern look to "block-like". It's a more subtle separation.

Christina said...

Tany, this is a great dress! I'm so glad you were able to make it work with less fabric. And the shoes are perfect :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress and fabric, Tany! I really like how you improvised to make it work with your 2m of fabric!

Sigrid said...

Beautiful combination of dress and shoes. And very clever to be able to make a dress like this with 1,5 meter less fabric than indicated!

KayB said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow (yeah, I know 3 wows too many - but still!) - love the fabric! and what you made with almost only half the required fabric needed.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany, precioso. Un vestido muy práctico y a la vez muy elegante con este toque de los zapatos. Una buena solución para la falda, me gusta más incluso que el original, tiene una caida preciosa. Que lo disfrutes, enhorabuena. Un abrazo. Paco

Claudine said...

Well done! It's a beautiful dress, and it looks great with the shoes.

Maja said...

Wow this is great dress!Sandals are wonderfull I like that type of sandals!

Anonymous said...

Your creativity shows how you can make a dress pattern with less fabric. Your new outfit looks elegant.

Ana Carina said...

Olá Tany!

Muito fresquinho este vestido! Fica-te muito bem porque és morena e alta!
Ficou bonito mesmo sem o trespasse (que na minha opinião não era um pormenor muito importante!)

Os sapatos "plataformas" são bonitos e de certeza muito confortáveis (não há melhor!).

Beijinhos

Summerset said...

You've done some very smart changes to come up with a very chic dress with less fabric than required. I like what you've done with the ties at the waist.

The shoes are perfect! I love wedge style shoes.

Anonymous said...

Tany,

O vestido ficou um máximo, bem giro. Acho que as modificações que lhe fizeste não o desvalorizaram, muito pelo contrário. As sandálias são bem giras e ficam a "matar" com o vestido.

Bjs

Mónica

Linda said...

I like your version of the dress better! What a great save and congratulations on being able to keep your vision and create the dress without enough fabric.

I know what you mean about this color combination. I love it, I hope it loves me. I just bought 2 yards of some yellow/black/white fabric myself. I bought it to make a top. I am going to have to make it soon so that I can wear it this summer.

Sue said...

Gorgeous - great fabric - perfect dress for it... great job!

Lisette M said...

Beautiful dress!This style caught my eye when I received the magazine, I'm so glad you made it! Now I'm off looking for similar fabric...

berry said...

Hi Tany! Great style and wonderful choice of colors, which seem to work perfectly with you black hair. And....the shoes are perfect with it. And as always: awesome craftsmanship! (Is this the right word - there's no dictionary nearby ;) )
greetings from switzerland!
berry

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, your changes to the dress are ingenius. Just this morning I was looking at this fabric in an online shop. Now I'll have to go back there and check it out again.
Thanks for sharing.

H.

Lisa Laree said...

Gorgeous! I'd been eyeing that same dress and wondering if eliminating the wrap was feasible...thanks so much for demonstrating that it works!

Anonymous said...

Parabens!tens muito talento

Emily said...

Wow, I love your dress! I just love the big print, and yellow is one of my favorite colors.

Sheila said...

Lovely dress and like the modifications.

Sismada said...

Adorei simplesmente estes ultimos trabalhos tal e qual como é teu hábito: PERFEITO!
Um beijo

Alexandra said...

Tany, you look stunning! Your dress is beautiful! I like how you changed the pattern to work with the amount of fabric you had.

Celina said...

Adorei! Que engenhosa, esse improviso alternativo, não se perdeu nada, pelo contrário. O tecido é muito bonito, não admira que o tivessem esgotado. Adoro os contrastes a negro, sobretudo a barra da cintura. E os sapatos são ditos e feitos para esse vestido.
Agora só era preciso era que o tempo ajudasse...

Corteygrif said...

Oi Tany
andas a coser de noite amiga,que rapidez e beleza!
essa combinaçao de cores realmente è muito bonito!
aqui em Vitoria,as montras è tudo amarelo/preto.
fica te lindamente,e as sandalias,combinam muito bem com estilo de vestido!
parabens mais um lindo projecto
bjs

Vicki W said...

What a beautiful and flattering dress! The shoes are PERFECT!

Linda L said...

Lovely dress! I love the white/black/yellow colors. The sandals are great with this dress.

Mon Café Couture said...

Tany that dress suits you perfectly, the colours are lovely. So inspiring!

Ana Carina said...

Tany...
...acho que a Mamã Martinho já se adiantou.

Está lindíssimo o presente!

Beijinhos

Tany said...

Obrigada a todas pela vossa simpatia e comentários!
Thank you all for the nice comments!
Gracias a todos!

Gostaria de dar as boas vindas às pessoas que comentam pela primeira vez! Muito obrigada pela vossa presença!
I'd like to welcome all the new commenters to Couture et Tricot! Thank you so much for your participation!

Ana Carina: Eu sei!! Não tive tempo de escrever o meu post no mesmo dia! Beijinhos!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That is the perfect fabric for that dress! And I loved that you made it work with the yardage that you had!

Karen said...

Bravo for making that dress work so beautifully - I've occasionally come home with not enough fabric and it doesn't always work out so well. I absolutely love those shoes with your dress, they're perfect!

Anonymous said...

A perfect marriage of style and fabric! It's fabulous Tany.

LauraLo said...

Love what you did with this pattern! Gorgeous dress

dawn said...

I love the bold print and colors with this pattern. Very stylish, as always. And a nice change of pace, to see you in something less tailored, more drapey. Oh, and *perfect* shoes!

Kitty Couture said...

So stylish!! You look amazing, my dear friend. This is a stunning dress.
Sending you hugs and smiles and lots of love.

Anonymous said...

I am a little late to the cheering squad but you did a fabulous job on this dress. I love the colors and the modification for the side ties.

I just love reading your blog!!! So much inspiration

Tany said...

Thank you Peacockchic!

Nancy Winningham said...

I just went back and looked at this post again. I really do love what you did with this dress. I'm thinking of making it this summer. Yours looks terrific!