An A-line mini-skirt matching the Parisian jacket - A mini-saia evasé a condizer com a Jaqueta Parisiense

EN Summary: This article is about the details of the mini-skirt that I've made, to match the Parisian jacket. Keep reading the full article.
---
PT Sumário: Este artigo mostra os detalhes da mini-saia que fiz a condizer com a jaqueta Parisiense. Continuem a ler todos os detalhes.

EN: Here's the mini-skirt on the dressform (if you're interested in more photos of me wearing the mini-skirt, check out this other article on my personal style blog (click here).

---
PT: Abaixo podem ver a mini-saia no manequim (se quiserem ver mais fotos minhas a usar esta peça, podem visitar o meu blogue de estilo pessoal (clicar aqui).

EN: I've used this pattern twice before; I've made a green plaid skirt part of my green plaid coordinates (here) and another coordinating skirt with the Maryling inspired jacket (here). The pattern was featured in the February 2014 Burdastyle magazine (model 120); I just added some length to the skirt (cut size 38).
---
PT: Já tinha usado este molde duas vezes antes: fiz uma mini-saia para o meu conjunto em xadrez verde (aqui) e uma outra mini-saia a condizer com a jaqueta inspirada em Maryling (aqui). O molde saiu no livro Essenciais do Guarda-roupa da Burdastyle e também na revista de Fevereiro de 2014 (trata-se do modelo 120). Apenas acrescentei um pouco de comprimento ao molde original (cortado no tamanho 38).
EN: I didn't have enough silk organza left to underline the skirt, so I just lined it using the same lining used for the Parisian jacket:
---
PT: Não sobrou organza de seda suficiente para entre-forrar a saia, por isso leva apenas o forro normal, com o mesmo tecido de forro da jaqueta Parisiense:
EN: There's an invisible side zipper; special care should be taken so the shaped waistband matches exactly at the zipper (hand-basting the zipper before stitching it permanently is the method I use):
---
PT: A saia tem um fecho invisível de lado; deve tomar-se cuidado para  o cós enformado coincidir exatamente no fecho (o método que costumo usar consiste em primeiro alinhavar o fecho à mão, antes de o coser definitivamente):

EN: The vintage buttons used on the jacket and pants have a matching buckle; I thought the fabric was too bulky to make a belt so I decided to use the buckle in a more creative way:
---
PT: Os botões vintage que usei na jaqueta e calças vinham com uma fivela a condizer; como o tecido me pareceu demasiado grosso para fazer um cinto, decidi usar a fivela de uma forma mais criativa:
EN: The buckle is hand-stitched to the skirt using buttonhole twist and buttonhole stitches and in my opinion it turned out quite well:
---
PT: A fivela foi fixada na saia usando linha torçal e pontos de casear à mão; na minha opinião o efeito final é muito original:
CONCLUSION: I managed not to waste a single bit of this beautiful wool tweed from Linton Tweeds and the jacket looks awesome both with the pants and the mini-skirt so I am very happy with my Parisian ensembles! Thank you all for visiting and for supporting my work!
---
CONCLUSÃO: Consegui aproveitar todo o tecido (tweed de lã da Linton Tweeds) e a jaqueta fica igualmente bem com as calças e a saia a conjunto, por isso classifico este conjunto Parisiense como um grande sucesso! Obrigada a todos por aparecerem e apoiarem o meu trabalho!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful. I always look forward to your projects. Please keep up the good work

Colo Heather said...

Thanks for sharing, this ensemble is lovely! I so like to read and see your tailored woven fabrics blog and hints - it is inspiring always! And am amazed you get as much sewing done as you do. 😊

Vicki M said...

Lovely skirt. Clever idea to use the buckle like that.