Self-made lingerie set: Blue lace over white lycra (Simplicity 8229 view B and Simplicity 8228 view C)


EN Summary: Another take on Simplicity 8229 bra (see the first version here), this time merging the briefs with Simplicity 8228 view C briefs (using the lace insets on top of the lycra, instead of a single layer of lace). Keep reading the full review.
---
PT Sumário: Outra versão do soutien Simplicity 8229 (podem ver a primeira versão aqui), desta vez usando as aplicações de renda do molde Simplicity 8228 (opção C – cuequinhas altas com aplicações de renda) sobre o molde 8229C (cuequinhas de cintura alta simples). Continuem a ler o artigo completo.

EN: This entire set was made using a Kit from StudioCostura Etsy shop; the kit contains all the materials needed to make a lace bra with matching lycra/lace panties, except the under wires and embellishment bows. The band elastics in the kit were slightly narrower than the ones I used on my previous Simplicity8229 set, so to keep the band from rolling up I added wire casing tabs on the front band, under the wires; I could have adjusted the seam allowances instead but I was curious to see if this fix worked and it did!
---
PT: Este conjunto foi confecionado com um kit comprado na loja ETSY StudioCostura. O kit contém todo o material necessário para fazer um soutien de renda exceto os aros e os laços de adorno. Os elásticos para a parte de baixo da banda são um pouco mais estreitos dos que usei co conjunto anterior, por isso reforcei a banda por baixo dos aros com uns pedacinhos de tubo para aros/varetas, para evitar que a banda enrolasse para cima. Poderia também ter ajustado a largura da banda, mas estava curiosa para ver se os tubinhos resultavam e a verdade é que sim!
EN: I didn’t encase the allowances inside the cup’s vertical seams this time, rather stitched the cups/cup lining as one single layer and then topstitched and trimmed the excess; this happened because I forgot to leave the outer cups free of spray adhesive and when I remembered there was no point of un-glueing them (I wouldn’t risk the adhesive directly against my sewing machine stitching surface!). This finishing isn’t as clean as encased seams but it doesn’t bother me too much; what I find I don’t like is the clear elastic stabilizing the neckline edge; I will try to leave it out the next time and see how that works for me.
---
PT: Desta vez não cosi as costuras verticais das copas de forma a que os suplementos ficassem por dentro entre o forro e a renda; em vez disso cosi as costuras normalmente, tratando as duas camadas forro/renda como uma só, pespontando e aparando as margens. Isto aconteceu assim porque esqueci-me de não colar o forro à renda da copa lateral, e quando me lembrei que não o devia ter feito não arrisquei separar as duas peças com receio que depois a cola pudesse aderir à superfície da máquina de coser. O acabamento não é tão limpo como quando as margens ficam por dentro, mas não me incomoda que fique assim; o que não me agrada muito é o elástico de silicone a rematar o decote das copas,... Da próxima vez vou omiti-lo e ver si resulta bem sem esse remate.

EN: On this bra, the back band is not covered with lace; I like that the picot edge elastic highlighted against the white band (as it shows on the matching briefs):
---
PT: Neste soutien decidi não colocar renda na banda atrás; os picots do elástico azul contrastam mais no branco e o efeito é o mesmo nas cuequinhas altas!
EN: Here's the way the strap is finished on the back:
---
PT: Na foto seguinte podem ver como rematei a alça nas costas:
EN: The briefs look really great with the lace insets against the white lycra, IMO; although I am more of a bikiny girl, this high waist design with vintage vibes has been growing on me.
---
PT: As cuequeinhas altas ficaram o máximo com as aplicações de renda sobre a lycra branca; sempre fui mais de usar cuequinhas mais decotadas, mas ultimamente este estilo mais "tapado" e "vintage" tem-me agradado bastante.
EN: I cut the lycra from Simplicity 8229 view C but used the lace insets from Simplicity 8228 view C zigzagged on top; Since the lining of the bra is also white, I wanted to mantain the same background under the lace.
...
PT: Cortei a lycra branca pelo molde Simplicity 9229 (opção C), mas usei as aplicações de renda do molde Simplicity 8228 (opção C) aplicadas com ponto ziguezague por cima. Como o forro do soutien também é branco, quis manter a mesma cor de fundo na parte de baixo.
EN: The briefs back is also very pleasing to the eye:
---
PT: A parte de trás das cuequinhas também é muito bonita:
EN: Here's the picot edge of the elastic showing under the lycra on the briefs:
---
PT: Aqui podem ver o picot do elástico azul a espreitar debaixo da lycra banca:
EN: I didn't have a blue ribbon to make a bow so I made one out of a piece of left-over elastic (!!)
---
PT: Não tinha uma fita azul para fazer um laço na frente por isso utilizei um resto do elástico azul (!!):
EN: I am really pleased with how this set turned out, and the colorway reminds me of the vintage Portuguese tiles that still embellish some of our older train stations! Check out some photos on Google (click here), and you'll know what I mean!
---
PT: Fiquei muito contente com este conjunto e a combinação do branco com renda azul faz-me lembrar os azulejos tradicionais antigos que embelezam muitas das nossas estações de combóios antigas, como a de Aveiro (podem ver fotos no Google - clicar aqui - se não sabem do que eu estou a falar).
EN: On a different note, I've just found out the new Vogue Patterns were finally released and I am thrilled to see another pattern by Paco Peralta in this new collection! I really love many of the new designs featured, but this one really spoke to my heart! Just what I needed to awake my garment sewing mojo, just in time for Spring/Summer!
---
PT: Numa nota completamente diferente, descobri que os novos moldes Vogue acabaram de ser lançados e fiquei felicíssima por ver mais um modelo do Paco Peralta nesta coleção! à primeira vista tenho vários modelos de que gosto neste lançamento, mas o do Paco é o que me entusiasmou mais. Era mesmo isto que me faltava para despertar a vontade de começar a coser roupa para a Primavera e Verão!
(image credits: http://voguepatterns.mccall.com)

4 comments:

Tomasa said...

This blue lace lingerie set is simply exquisite. You have such an impeccable hand!

Mónica Martinho said...

Lindo como os outros!

Sigrid said...

You are on a roll! Some gorgeous lingerie you're making Tany.

Sarah Liz said...

So pretty, once again, a delightful set. Your photographs are very clear - it's always nice to see how garments are made, and at the moment I am starting to make lingerie too. And the last outfit is lovely - I should think the right sort of garment for your warm summer.