Red linen shorts and matching top (Patrones and Burdastyle magazine patterns)


https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN Summary: Linen is one of my favorite fabrics to work with and red is my favorite color; this red linen set is simple yet has charisma; I really loved making it and even more wearing it. Keep reading the full sewing review on tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com.
---
PT Sumário: O linho é um dos meus tecidos preferidos, e o vermelho é a minha cor favorita. Este conjunto é simples, mas tem carisma. Adorei o processo de confeção e senti-me ótima com o conjunto vestido. Continuem a ler o artigo sobre a confeção completo em tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com.

EN: The shorts were made using a pattern from Patrones magazine #411 (digital edition): model 1; these shorts have a high-waist with a narrow shaped waistband, a fly-front zipper and tapered legs. There are darts on the back but not on the front. The design is very minimal (no pockets or any other added details) but the model photo in the magazine really resonated with me so I had to make these red shorts:
---
PT: Os calções foram confecionados a partir de um molde da revista Patrones #411 (edição digital), o modelo 1; estes calções têm a cintura alta com um cós enformado estreito, braguilha na frente e perna afunilada. Têm pinças na cintura atrás, mas não na frente. O modelo é muito minimalista (não tem bolsos nem outros detalhes adicionais) mas a foto do modelo na revista mexeu comigo e decidi que tinha mesmo de fazer estes calções vermelhos:
https://www.facebook.com/revistapatrones/
Edited to add: I found out that the look/photo in the magazine (above) is from Brandon Maxwell's Spring Summer 2020 collection.
---
Editado para acrescentar: descobri que o look/foto da revista (acima) veio do desfile Primavera Verão 2020 de Brandon Maxwell.
https://www.facebook.com/revistapatrones/
EN: I used red linen because, besides loving lining, it was the only red summery fabric I had in stock. The pattern comes in Patrones sizes 38-42-46; according to their sizing table I am a 42 so I was happy not having to trace in-between sizes until I measured the pattern... The leg perimeter was definitely not enough for me so I did have to trace size 44 in between the 42 and 46; I'm glad I did because, other than having to slightly adjust the crotch curve on the front, size 44 fitted me perfectly.
---
PT: Optei por usar um retalho de linho do meu stock, uma vez que, além de adorar linho, era o único tecido de verão vermelho que tinha em casa. O molde vem nos tamanhos Patrones 38-42-46 e, de acordo com a tabela de medidas da revista, eu seria um 42 (ótimo, pensei, não tenho que traçar o tamanho intermédio no escalado), mas a satisfação só durou até medir o molde,... As pernas afuniladas eram demasiado estreitas para mim no tamanho 42. Tracei então o tamanho intermédio 44 a partir do escalado do 42 e 46 e ainda bem, porque o tamanho 44 serviu-me na perfeição; só tive mesmo que fazer um pequeno ajuste na curva do gancho na frente.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: Since my linen is the lightweight kind, I added a full lining cut from red Neva'Viscon (a remnant from a previous project), a lining fabric which has a large percentage of viscose, making it more breathable and ideal for summer clothing. Here's the wrong side of the lined shorts:
---
PT: Uma vez que este linho é bastante fino, optei por forrar completamente os calções e para isso usei um resto de forro Neva'Viscon vermelho (um tecido de forro com uma percentagem grande de viscose, o que o torna mais respirável e fresco, ideal para forrar peças de verão). Podem ver abaixo o avesso dos calções forrados:
https://www.facebook.com/revistapatrones/
EN: I really loved the shorts on me and then decided to make a matching red linen top. I searched for a halter neckline model and found the ideal pattern in the July 2019 edition of Burdastyle magazine, model 117:
---
PT: Adorei ver-me com os calções e decidi que tinha de fazer um top de linho vermelho a condizer; procurei um top com decote halter e encontrei o molde ideal na edição de Julho 2019 da revista Burdastyle, o modelo 117:
https://www.facebook.com/revistapatrones/
EN: This top is cut on the straight grain except for the collar, which is cut on the bias; the neckline is buttoned on the back and there is an invisible zipper on the center back seam; I cut my usual Burdastyle size 40 according to my full bust measurement, without any pattern alterations.
---
PT: Este top é cortado a fio, exceto a gola, que é cortada no viés; a gola abotoa atrás, onde há também um zíper invisível na costura central. Cortei o meu tamanho usual Burdastyle 40, de acordo com a minha medida de busto, sem ter de fazer alterações no molde:
burdastyle.pt
EN: I followed the magazine's instructions for sewing the top but additionally I fused stay-tape to the armholes to stabilize the edges and prevent them from stretching out of shape later.
---
PT: Segui as instruções da revista para confecionar o top, mas adicionalmente apliquei fita de entretela termo-colante nas cavas, para evitar que deformassem depois com o uso.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: The armholes were finished with self-fabric bias binding; on the right side there's only a row of top-stitching visible while on the wrong side there's the binding with clean edges, the top-stitching and the under-stitching visible:
---
PT: O acabamento das cavas foi feito com tiras em viés do próprio tecido; no direito apenas é visível uma linha de pesponto, enquanto no avesso se vê o debrum com as orlas acabadas e além do pesponto, vê-se também o pesponto de girar:
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: Here's the back view of the top on the dressform:
---
PT: Aqui têm as costas do top no manequim:
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: I used a covered button on the neckline and I think it looks great:
---
PT: Atrás no decote usei um botão forrado e acho que fiou mesmo bem:
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: Here's how I wore the red linen set to my son's Birthday last week; if you guys care to see more photos of this outfit, hop over to Tany et La Mode (click here). Thank you all for supporting and for the lovely comments!
---
PT: Aqui me têm a usar o conjunto de linho vermelho, para o Aniversário do meu filho na semana passada; se estiverem interessados em ver mais fotos deste look, deem uma saltado no Tany et La Mode (clicar aqui). Obrigada por todo o apoio e simpáticos comentários!
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Arish said...

Te queda genial, y tanto la tela, como el color y los modelos elegidos son muy bonitos. BESICOS.

Colo Heather said...

What a great summer duo! Impeccable sewing and wonderful fabric choice. I'm enjoying your fabric stash makes.😊

Tany said...

Joyce Lathan comment (sorry, I deleted it by mistake):"Beautiful! I love how you always go the extra mile, adding lining and interfacing. Bravo!"

Marysia said...

Hi Tany, I made Burda 6968 top, which seems to be the same pattern. Can you share what size button size you used please.

I have made mine in blue Irish linen and plan to make the next one in silk to go under Chanel style jacket.

Thank you for all the inspiration. Xx

Marysia said...

What size button did you use Tany? I am working on this top at the moment and hope it looks as good as yours.

Tany said...

Mary's ia, the button has an approximate diameter of 7/8" and the neckband finished width is 1"1/2. Hope this is helpful!