A mustard yellow linen jumpsuit (Le300a by DP Studio) and some self-made jewelry

https://tanysewsnadknits.blogspot.com
EN Summary: Here's version A of DP Studio's Le300 (you've already seen version C in my previous post (click here). I'm also showing a jewelry set that I've made during my "stay-cation". Read the full article on tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com.

---

PT Sumário: Aqui têm a versão A do molde Le300 de DP Studio (já devem ter visto  versão C no artigo anterior (clicar aqui). Também tenho para vos mostrar um conjunto de bijuteria que fiz durante as minhas férias em casa. Leiam o artigo completo em tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com.


EN: Version A of Le300 is a wide fit utilitarian style jumpsuit with open shirt collar, cuffed shirt-style sleeves, front buttoned placket, drawstring casing waistline, and some interesting pocket detailing (as is is the main characteristic of the utilitarian style trend). I was immediately drawn to this pattern when I saw the interpretation below (I only wish I could find the fabric they've used, it's simply gorgeous).

---

PT: A versão A do molde Le300 é um macacão solto de estilo utilitário com gola camiseira aberta, mangas com punhos de camisa, carcela frontal, cintura ajustável com fita ou cordão e bolsos-chapa com detalhes interessantes (os bolsos são a principal característica do estilo utilitário como tendência). A interpretação mostrada abaixo deste modelo atraíu-me desde logo e só tenho pena de não encontrar o tecido original usado, é o máximo:
https://dpstudio-fashion.com/

https://dpstudio-fashion.com/
EN: The pattern is offered in a size range from 36 to 48 (DP Studio's sizes; refer to the sizing table in their website) and I cut size 40 without any alteration.

---

PT: O molde vem escalado numa gama de tamanhos do 36 ao 48 (tamanhos DP Studio; convém escolher o tamanho de acordo com a tabela disponível no seu website). Cortei o tamanho 40 sem alterações.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: I used notions and fabric from my stash, as it has been the case with all my self-made garments lately; I have so many fabrics and stuff accumulated over the years and I really want to put most of it into good use. So I had this mustard yellow linen that I had bought locally last year, already with this pattern in mind; I looked and found a set of ivory buttons (perhaps on the larger side but still OK), matching yellow thread and tan brown top-stitching thread, the kind used for top-stitching jeans.

---

PT: Usei aviamentos e tecido do meu stock, como tem sido habitual ultimamente; tenho bastante matéria-prima acumulada e realmente tenho de fazer um esforço por lhe dar bom uso. Este linho de cor amarelo-mostarda foi comprado no ano passado já com este macacão em vista. Procurei nos meus frascos de botões e encontrei um conjunto de botões de cor marfim (talvez um pouco grandes, mas que servem). Também tinha linha amarela e linha castanho-mel para pespontar (da que habitualmente se usa nas calças de ganga).
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: The front facings, waistband pieces, pocket flaps, cuffs, upper and under collar, hip pocket facings, the back pocket's top hem allowances and the pant's hem allowances were all interfaced with thin fusible interfacing (woven).

---

PT: As vistas da frente, peças do cós, paletas dos bolsos, punhos, partes superior e inferior da gola, vistas dos bolsos na anca, bainha dos bolsos de chapa atrás e bainhas das calças foram reforçadas com entretela tecida  termo-colante.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: This jumpsuit was labor intensive and it took me two weekends to complete. It's 24 pattern pieces and there's A LOT of decorative top-stitching; even using an optimized order of construction, it involves setting and re-setting the sewing machine every time I had to switch from regular stitching to top-stitching. I used compensating presser feet for top-stitching so I had to switch not only the needle thread, and the stitch length but also the presser foot on my industrial lock-stitch machine. There were also all those buttonholes, stitched on my Pfaff Ambition Essential, again using the top-stitching thread in the needle and regular thread in the bobbin.

---

PT: Este macacão foi bastante trabalhoso e levou-me dois fins-de-semana a completar. São 24 peças de molde e MUITO pesponto decorativo. Mesmo a seguir uma ordem de trabalho otimizada, é preciso trocar algumas vezes a configuração da máquina de coser de costura normal para pesponto decorativo: usei calcadores industriais, por isso além de trocar a linha da agulha e o comprimento do ponto, tinha que também trocar o calcador na minha máquina de coser industrial. Também havia muitas casas de botão para bordar, mais uma vez com a linha mais grossa na agulha e linha normal na bobina. Para bordar as casas de botão usei a minha Pfaff Ambition Essential.
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: The pants have three vertical panels on the front; the hip patch pockets have a faced opening and the pocket edges are caught in the left-most vertical seam, side seam and lower waistband seam; the bottom pocket seam is just top-stitched as seen in the photo above. In the photo below, there's the  asymmetric front patch pockets, featuring an inverted pleat, a small dart on the side-most bottom corner and buttoned flaps.

---

PT: As calças têm três painéis verticais na frente; os bolsos da anca ficam presos na costura vertical das calças, na lateral e na costura inferior do cós; a orla inferior do bolso é apenas pespontada, como se pode ver na foto acima. Na foto abaixo podem ver os bolsos de chapa assimétricos na parte de cima, que levam uma prega-macho e uma pequena pinça no canto inferior do lado, além de paletas abotoadas:
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: The shoulders of the jumpsuit are slightly dropped and the sleeves are long and wide, edged with buttoned cuffs:

---

PT: Os ombros deste macacão são um pouco caídos e as mangas são compridas e largas, terminadas com punhos camiseiros:
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: The jumpsuit is quite plain seen from the back; there's just the two top-stitched patch pockets:

---

PT: As costas do macacão são bastante simples, apenas com o detalhe dos bolsos-chapa pespontados:
https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
EN: I like this jumpsuit very much; its comfortable without compromising style and the pattern is very well drafted; I found no faults except for one or two small details which are not perfectly clear in the instructions; overall the instructions were OK though.

I leave you guys with a photo of a jewelry set that I've made while in stay@home vacation; those of you who follow me since the blog's early days will know that I occasionally knit, crochet and sometimes even venture into jewelry making. If it's something that I can wear, I will most likely make it myself :). This set of double strand necklace and matching bracelet is made of real leather braided cord, stainless steal tubes and magnet closures, all purchased from a Portuguese online jewelry/crafts supplier Beads.pt.

Thank you all for the lovely comments in my last post; I tried answering to questions in the same comment area.

---

PT: Gosto bastante do macacão; é confortável de usar se comprometer o estilo, e o molde está bastante bem conseguido, não tendo falhas de que me tenha apercebido, exceto talvez um ou outro detalhe menos claro nas instruções, que globalmente estão bem.

Deixo-vos com uma foto de um conjunto de colar e pulseira que fiz ainda nas férias; quem me segue desde os primórdios do blogue saberá que além de costurar também faço tricot, croché e ocasionalmente umas peças de bijuteria. Se for algo que possa usar, é mais certo que o faça eu mesma :). Este conjunto de colar e pulseira duplos foram confecionados com cordão de couro entrançado e peças em aço inox, incluido os fechos magnéticos, tudo adquirido na loja online Beads.pt.

Obrigada a todos por aparecerem e pelos simpáticos comentários (sempre que me apercebo de uma questão, tento responder na mesma área de comentários).

https://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com
 

4 comments:

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

Your details are amazing - that jumpsuit is fantastic. That color might be difficult for some to wear but with your hair color I bet it looks great. I'm getting more into jumpsuit (every style returns eventually :) and in the recent Patrones there is an interesting one I might try.

Vancouver Barbara said...

As usual, your work is superb. What is the name of the jewellery supplier in Portugal? The link, I mean. I’d like to look at their catalogue. Your jewellery is beautiful.

Colo Heather said...

Very interesting jumpsuit, I've not seen pockets like that before. I bet you'll get a lot of wear from it. Loads of topstitching!! Also lovely jewelry! I don't follow Instagram (or would never get ANYthing done), so appreciate the photos here.

Tany said...

Thank you ladies!

Beth: Yes, I agree about yellow being difficult to wear but I can't help myself, I love it! I know it depends on the yellow tone and this one is particularly warm so there shouldn't be a problem for me (at least while I have some tan left, lol!). Anyway, I can always wear a scarf in another color if I feel that the yellow makes me look washed out... I am also planning to make a couple of projects in a totally different tone of yellow, the more cold/neon/greenish type.

Vancouver Barbara: the website of the jewelry making materials supplier is Beads.pt. Since their website is in Portuguese only and may be difficult for you to navigate, here's the section on leather cord: https://www.beads.pt/cabedal-redondo and here's the section on steal componentes: https://www.beads.pt/component

Colo Heather: I hear you on IG taking us too much precious time, mainly sewing time :). Sharing content is much quicker/easier though :)