Maryling inspired plaid suit Part 2: Details of the finished jacket

EN Summary: As promised, here are all the details of the finished Maryling inspired jacket. Don't miss my previous article about the inspiration (here), the making of the complete suit (here) and more photos of me wearing the complete suit on my personal style blog (here). Enjoy!
---
PT Sumário: Como prometido, aqui têm todos os detalhes da jaqueta inspirada em Maryling depois de terminada. Não percam também o artigo anterior sobre a inspiração para este fato (aqui), a conceção do molde e a confeção (aqui) e o artigo no meu blogue de estilo pessoal onde podem ver mais fotos minhas a usar o conjunto (aqui). Espero que gostem!



EN: The first detail that I want to show you guys is the patch pockets with flaps; I wanted the proportions right according to the original Maryling jacket so the pockets had to be big. My pockets are lined with the same lining fabric as the jacket, yet for the flaps I used heavier satin instead; both the flaps and the pockets are interfaced and sewed working buttonholes on them:
---
PT: Os primeiros detalhes que vos quero mostrar são os bolsos de chapa com paleta; tive algum cuidade em acertar as proporções/tamanho dos bolsos para ficarem parecidos com os da jaqueta original, ou seja bastante grandes. Os meus bolsos são forrados com o tecido de forro da jaqueta, mas nas paletas usei cetim, um tecido mais forte. Tanto as paletas como os bolsos foram reforçados com entretela e as paletas têm casas de botão funcionais:

EN: I used the same heavy sating to line the shoulder tabs; my fabric is really bulky so any strategy to reduce bulk is very welcome:
---
PT: Usei também o mesmo cetim forte para forrar as presilhas dos ombros; o meu tecido é bastante grosso, por isso qualquer estratégia para reduzir o volume da costura é muito bem-vinda:


EN: As I have mentioned in my previous post, I kept the collar from the Burdastyle jacket pattern and I'm glad I did; I really love its shape!
---
PT: Como já tinha mencionado no artigo anterior, mantive a gola do molde da revista Burdastyle, e ainda bem que o fiz; gosto realmente da forma desta gola:
EN: The back has a center back seam on the Burdastyle pattern (I did consider eliminating in but there is a subtle shaping on this seam so I decided to keep it); since the back yoke has a seam (because it's mirrored) I wonder if it would be visually more appealing not to have the center back seam at all,...
---
PT: As costas do modelo da revista Burda têm uma costura central atrás (ajusta um pouco na cintura atrás), mas a parte superior não tinha,... Como a minha parte superior precisava de uma costura para ser espelhada, talvez devesse ter eliminado a costura no meio das costas para o resultado ser mais agradável à vista,...
EN: One of the details I'm really proud about is the sleeve design. I think it turned out really well:
---
PT: Um dos detalhes que me deixou bastante satisfeita foi o design das mangas,... Acho que ficou muito bem conseguido:

EN: The buttons are all anchored with these tiny black buttons; they provide a better finishing inside and I can't do without them on jackets and coats:
---
PT: Os botões têm uns botões pequeninos por dentro a fazer de "escora" no tecido; proporcionam um acabamento mais limpo e não passo sem eles nas minhas jaquetas e casacos:
EN: Finally, one of my signature details is the front facing/hem/lining junction; this is a technique that I learned from Paco Peralta (may he rest in piece) and once you learn it, it becomes a second nature when bagging linings on jackets; the finishing is clean and professional looking, even with bulky fabrics:
---
PT: Finalmente, outro dos detalhes que caracteriza os meus trabalhos é o acabamento da junção da vista da frente com a bainha e o forro; aprendi esta técnica com o falecido Paco Peralta (que descanse em paz) e também não passo sem ela, pois o acabamento é realmente limpo e profissional, mesmo em tecidos bastante grossos como este:
EN: Thank you all so much for joining in in this sewing adventure, and also many thanks on your kind and thoughtful comments; I get really uplifted when I read them and they help me find the stamina to go on :). THANK YOU ALL!
---
PT: O meu muito obrigada a todos por se juntarem a mim nesta aventura de costura e também pelos simpáticos comentários, que sempre me elevam o espírito e me dão força para continuar! MUITO OBRIGADA A TODOS!

5 comments:

Fran said...

Yes, Tany, the sleeves are GORGEOUS! Your skills continue to amaze! The whole suit is spectacular.
Thank you for being so generous in sharing your processes.
Best,
Fran

Anonymous said...

Yes ist is so Fine, That you Show us your sewing Works, Many thanks and a Good year 2020. Christine

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

this is fantastic, your use of the plaid and the placement is perfection. love it!!!

mem said...

Love it Tany , Those sleeves are great. You do such a good job and I love reading your posts they make me lift my game. Cant wait fro winter to come so I can do some wool sewing .

Anonymous said...

Just drooling over this outfit here... love it! This plaid fabric is such a good choice, and the sleeves are fantastic. Thank you for sharing all the details with us! Julie