Top Burda Jul2009mod120A modificado - Modified BWOF072009mod120A

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)


Modelo original: Burda Jul2009mod120A

Descrição: Cortes assimétricos são a grande tendência este verão; acrescenta-se uma cor viva e um tecido confortável e obtém-se uma peça “hit”. O cós elástico contribui para um look descontraído.

Tecido: cetim de seda estampado (tecido exclusivo) da loja Manequim em Aveiro. Comprei este tecido (apenas 1m) em saldos no ano passado, com um bom desconto.

Modificações: Não apliquei elástico debaixo do braço, por não achar necessário, mas reforcei a costura com fita de entretela, para não esbujar; cosi o remate da manga de maneira diferente das instruções, para esconder as margens de costura; basicamente cosi esta parte como se fosse um punho. Acrescentei 2,5cm ao comprimento total, franzi ligeiramente em baixo e acrescentei uma banda de amarrar como cós, em vez da cintura elástica.

Detalhes:

Apliquei uma tira de viés dobrada ao decote (dobrei a tira a meio ao longo do comprimento, direito para fora e passei a ferro; apliquei-a ao decote pelo direito, orlas com as orlas do decote e dobra para baixo; depois de coser aparei os valores de costura e assentei-os a ferro na direcção do viés; passei um pesponto rente à costura sobre o viés - chama-se “understitching” -, depois dobrei o viés para dentro, alinhavei, passei a ferro e pespontei a 1cm da orla pelo direito). Podem ver o direito e o avesso nas duas fotos seguintes:


Aqui vêem a parte debaixo do braço, onde omiti o elástico:

Para aplicar o cós de amarrar, deixei uma abertura de lado:

O cós por fora e por dentro:


O acabamento da manga:

Conclusão: O top ficou muito giro, e apenas tenho de tomar atenção e usar um top “bandeau” preto por baixo, pois a manga é muito cavada (reparem na vista lateral no manequim). Creio que com as modificações que fiz acrescentei valor a este top e fiz justiça ao magnífico tecido de seda, aproveitando ao máximo o pequeno retalho de 1m por 1,4m de largura. A seguir espero concluir uns calções amarelos para fazer conjunto com este top (que também fica bem com as minhas calças brancas, ou as calças largas pretas, ou até um bom par de calças de ganga ou uma saia travada preta), mas provavelmente só para o próximo fim-de-semana, pois vou estar ausente em serviço durante a maior parte da próxima semana. Fiquem bem!

NOTA: podem ver-me a usar o top aqui.



Original model:
BWOF Jul2009mod120A

Description: Asymmetrical cuts are THE trend this summer. Add a bold color and a comfortable fabric and you’ll have a winning garment! The elastic hem lends this one a slight blouson shape.

Fabric: silk satin print (exclusive) bought at Manequim (Aveiro). I scored this fabric at a very good price on last year’s summer sale (Manquim is the most expensive fabric store in Aveiro); too bad there was only 1meter left.

Modifications: I didn’t apply the underarm elastic because I didn’t find it necessary; I did reinforce the edge with fusible tape though. The sleeve cuff was not sewn as per BWOF’s instructions, or else the edges would be exposed on the wrong side; I sewed it pretty much like a cuff instead. I added about 1inch to the total length, eased it a bit and added a tie knot waistband, instead of the elasticized waist.

Details:

This is the edge finishing on the neckline (I folded the bias tape in two along its length, wrong side facing, and pinned it along the neckline, on the right side – raw edges matching – then I stitched it, trimmed the raw edges to 1/4inch, pressed the edges towards the bias band, under stitched it and turned it to the wrong side, basting it by hand and pressing carefully before topstitching 3/8inch from the edge). Here’s the right side and the wrong side:


Here’s the underarm (left side) where I omitted the elastic:

I left a small opening on the left side to be able to slip the top through my head and tie a bow more easily:

Here’s the waistband (right side and wrong side):


The sleeve finishing:

Conclusion: It’s a fun trendy summer top; I’ll have to wear a black bandeau top underneath because the right side armhole is pretty low (notice the side view on the dressform), but I’m ok with that. I think I added value to the original top by modifying it into a more glamorous garment, making justice to this fabulous fabric, using every inch of the little more than a yard of fabric that I had available. Next I plan on making some yellow shorts to match this top (which will also look good either with my white boot cut pants or the SB’s black pants, not to mention a great pair of jeans or a black pencil skirt). See you next weekend (I’ll be away on business during most of next week)!

NOTE: You can see me wearing the top here.

40 comments:

Adelaide B said...

This is much cuter than the version in BWOF. This is a great little top!

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute! Your fabulous fabric really takes this pattern up a notch.

Ann Made Studio said...

What a great fabric purchase. I love the print and it looks like a very haute couture top. It will look fantastic with yellow shorts...well actually - with "anything" you choose to pair it with :)

Maja said...

I like your top much better than the original. And I love that fabric.

Olivia Claudia said...

Ficou mais lindo que o da revista!!!
O tecido foi um verdadeiro achado e sua interpretação do modelo melhor ainda!!!
bjs e obrigada pela inspiração!

nowaks nähkästchen said...

I didn't like the BWOF top to much, but your version is fabulous!

And very neat binding, on that slippery fabric.

Marie-Noëlle said...

I love the fabric, your version is much nicer than the original one !

Vicki W said...

That will be such a cute outfit with yellow shorts.

kiltsnquilts said...

You have definitely added value by putting a band and a tie on the bottom of this top. I can't wait to get my copy of this BWOF, from the garments I have seen from this issue in various blogs, I will be making quite a few things for my holiday in April next year (it is winter here in NZ). I think I will steal - make that 'borrow' - your idea for the waist tie for this one. Great fabric too!

Amanda S. said...

Tany, I love all the modifications you made to this pattern. The fabric is wonderful as well. It's a beautiful summer top.

toy said...

I like your tie modification because I don't like tops with elastic at the waist it never stays put lol
the fabric is gorgeous of course great score.
I hope to you see your version of dress 124 soon I also like 108 & 109 but we will well see what develops

Anonymous said...

awesome! I love that fabric and how you customized the pattern.

Angie R.

Celina said...

A tua versão resulta muito melhor, sem dúvida! Eu gosto de tops assimétricos (também já tinha sido tendência nos anos 90, lembras-te?) mas não gosto muito da ideia de usar elástico nos cós. A tua ideia de fazer a manga simples e o cós com tira de atar foi excelente! E o tecido é muito bonito, muito bem aproveitado.
Curiosa para ver os calções :) Obrigada pelos pormenores da confecção.
Bjs

Summerset said...

I love your version better than BWOF's. I have to admit, I was not in love with the elastic around the bottom, but the tie is really great. The fabric is great and I think you've chosen a pattern that really shows off the print and is stylish, too.

Christina said...

I love your modifications to this top, and the fabric is divine!

AllisonC said...

I really love the changes you made to this top, it does make it look much more high end.

Bunny said...

This pattern really sings with your fabric choice.

Jackie said...

I just love the fabric for this!

verobirdie said...

You made a wonderful job of it!
Thanks for the explanations: I'm considering making this top for my daughters...

senaSews said...

Super cute Top. Love the asymmetric cut and the print of the fabric is great!

Josie said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours and the print. I bet it looks amazing on you!

Diana said...

What a luxurious looking fabric. I love your creativity,Tany. Another beautiful garment!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I instantly hated the elastic band and thought it should have been a tie when I saw this pattern in the magazine. I'm pleased I had the same idea you did! Perfect use of your beautiful print.

Ana's Closet said...

Está fantástica a tua versão! Eu também reparei neste modelo, mas havia alguma coisa que faltava...
Tu conseguis-te estilizá-lo e até parece outro top completamente diferente, com os detalhes que acrescentas-te.
Esta tua versão vai-me fazer reconciderar o modelo, de certeza!

Beijinhos

Ana Carina said...

olá Tany,

Está linda! Muito fashion!! Adoro as cores (estilo Gucci) e o tecido.

Gosto ainda mais da tua versão,com a tira na cintura/anca!

Quero ver o conjunto com calções, tenho a certeza que vai ficar muito "hit".

Beijinhos

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

I love this. I really want this pattern. I think I can make this, looks really easy. I love your fabric choice.

Kelly said...

Beautiful top. I just love your fabric.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany.- me encantan las modificaciones que hiciste en el top. Yo todavía no he conseguido la revista Burda del mes de Julio, pues parece ser que hay un problema con el distribuidor. Te quiero preguntar, por lo que observo, no hace falta insertar el elástico debajo de la sisa y queda bien igual. Me llama la atención el tejido, pues creo que lo he visto igual aquí en Barcelona, es precioso.

Un abrazo, Paco

Tany said...

Paco: Gracias! La tela del top Burda la he comprado en la tienda Manequim (recuerdas de que te hablé de esta tienda, que tiene telas carísimas? También te envié fotos de esta tela y de dos otras, de tonos gris: una con un patrón floral y otra mezclada, las dos telas se complementan; creo que ha sido en el año pasado). Es natural que sea una tela de “grife”, pues no fue barata mismo con rebaja de 60%. Para el top, no me agradó de utilizar cinta elástica en la cinturilla, no con esta tela de seda tan suave; entonces alteré ligeramente el patrón, aumentando el largo de 2,5cm, frunciendo ligeramente, dejando una pequeña abertura de un de los lados y aplicando una cinturilla de atar. También no he aplicado el elástico superior debajo del brazo, para garantir una caída más natural y non tan apretada. Creo que el top se quedó más bonito y moderno con estas modificaciones; el elástico en la sisa, en particular, puede ser necesario por una cuestión de ajuste, pero en mi caso no fue necesario, pues la medida total no tenía folga demasiada. Besitos!

Corteygrif said...

Lindo Tany
fantastico tecido,realmente os assimetricos estao muito em moda,e ve se muito por aqui a mistura preto e amarelo.
Como sempre as tuas modificaçoes,resultam mais bonitas que o original,parabens!
boa semana guapetona.
biquiños
ROSA

Audrey said...

I love your version of this top. The modern print, in a quality fabric really makes it look chic. I thought the underarm elastic looked bad on the Burda picture. Much better to fit the top to the body. I can picture it with all the bottoms you described; the yellow shorts, black pants, pencil skirt, and especially the white pants. So versatile and fun to wear.

Susan said...

This is an amazing job. The fabric is a perfect choice for this pattern. I now have added it to my list again for projects.

Vicki said...

What gorgeous fabric! I bet it feels lovely to wear. Much nicer than Burda's version.

Nita said...

Perfeito, adorei, que pena que és de tão longe que eu ia bater à tua porta para me ensinar a costurar, pois quero juntar malha com tecido...mas o jeitinho, falta-me:-)

Parabéns adorei o top

Beijos

Natty said...

Tany maravilhosos os seus trabalhos! Que bom ter alguém assim aqui :D bem a minha avo me faz todas as roupas mas tambem fazes por encomenda não é? Vou pesquisar e regressar e tlvz faça umas comprinhas rsrs

Beijo
Natty

Mamã Martinho said...

Adorei este top, quer pelo tecido que escolhes-te quer pelo modelo. Quanto à cava, aparecebi-me logo quer era larga, mas a solução que escontras-te é muito boa.

Bjs

Mónica

Lory said...

Very pretty! The tie knot waistband gives it a more youthful and cool edge, I'd totally wear it. :):):):)

myleta said...

Está maravilhoso!!! Lindo e com umas cores fantásticas!
Adorei!

Um beijo grande

Unknown said...

Tany: Te estoy escribiendo desde Buenos Aires, Argentina. No sabía si entendias español,pero vi que le contestaste a Paco, asi que me anime a dejarte un mensaje.
Me encanta las prendas que realizas. Estan muy bien confeccionadas. es un placer para la vista.
Segui asi. Besos, Analía.

Miss Sewing said...

Maravilloso top!!La tela es muy moderna y el corte asimétrico uno de mis preferidos.

Besos
Ana