Red Galore progress report: The flared pants - Progresso no conjunto Red Galore: As calças à boca-de-sino

 EN Summary: In this article I share the plans for the remaining Red Galore items; the pants are on the making but as I laid the pant's pattern for cutting I was left with more than a yard left, just enough for making a matching top. Keep reading for all the details!
---
PT Sumário: Este artigo centra-se nos planos para as calças à boca-de-sino do conjunto Red Galore, Ao dispor o molde no tecido puce ter a certeza que iria sobrar mais de 1 metro da malha Ponte Roma, o que é suficiente para um top sem mangas. Continuem a ler para saberem todos os detalhes!

EN: I decided to use a pattern from one of my vintage Burda International magazines (4/96 mod903) with a few modifications (highlighted in red in the photo below): I'll move the zipper to the front, changing to an exposed zipper insertion instead of the centered insertion; I will also top-stitch the faced waistband and the hems (the same treatment used for hemming the Red Galore coat). I first considered faced hems, but I think I can get away with interfacing the area to be topstitched and slightly shirring the hem allowances before top-stitching them.

---
PT: Decidi usar um molde de uma das minhas revistas Burda Internacional antigas (4/96, modelo 903) com algumas modificações (indicadas a vermelho na figura abaixo): em vez de um fecho centrado na costura atrás, vou usar um fecho metálico exposto na frente; também vou pespontar a cintura e as bainhas (o mesmo tratamento que usei nas bainhas do casaco Red Galore). Primeiro considerei guarnecer as bainhas das calças com vistas, pois são bastante arredondadas, mas acho que consigo evitar usar guarnições se entretelar a zona a ser pespontada e depois franzir ligeiramente as margens da bainha antes de as pespontar.
 EN: I'm using a metallic zipper (approx 9") ordered from http://www.stoffe.de and a zipper pull ordered from http://www.jaycotts.co.uk (they also sell metallic zippers, just not the size I was looking for).
---
PT: Estou a usar um fecho metálico de 22cm que encomendei da http://tecidos.com.pt e uma pega de cursor com anel encomendado de http://www.jaycotts.co.uk (eles também têm fechos metálicos, só não tinham o tamanho/cor que estava à procura).
 EN: After cutting out the original zipper pull using cutting pliers, installing the new zipper pull was quite easy; I think it looks much better and very modern with the ring pull:
---
PT: Depois de cortar a pega original com uns alicates de corte, instalar a nova pega foi bastante fácil. Acho que o fecho fica muito melhor e mais moderno assim:
EN: There are several tutorials online for the exposed zipper insertion. In my research I found the following:



http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/12/sewing-exposed-zippers/ (very interesting effect with the zipper tapes on the right side)

http://inseamstudios.com/sew-exposed-zip/ (I think I'll use a variation of this method, using silk organza for the opening facing)

PT: Há vários passo-a-passo na NET para coser um fecho exposto. Na minha pesquisa encontrei as seguintes páginas, todas em Inglês:



http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/12/sewing-exposed-zippers/ (um efeito muito interessante com as fitas do fecho visíveis no lado direito)

http://inseamstudios.com/sew-exposed-zip/ (acho que vou usar uma variação deste método, usando organza de seda para guarnecer a abertura)

 EN: There was a little more than a yard left of the red Ponte knit, just enough for making a sleeveless top. I'll be tracing and cutting V1465 view C before start sewing the pants. Stay tuned!
---
PT: Depois de posicionar o molde das calças para cortar, sobrou-me mais de um metro de malha roma, exatamente o que preciso para fazer um top sem mangas; o molde eleito é o Vogue 1465 (vista C) e vou traçar o molde e cortar o top antes de começar a coser as calças. Mantenham-se atentos!

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Your pants are going to be gorgeous Tany and you are going to love that top. I made two of them and love the fit!

Vicki said...

The pants will look great with the jacket and the top is a great looking pattern. And the red will suit you so well!

Mónica Martinho said...

Bom trabalho! Gosto do fecho.
Bjs

Myra said...

I can't wait to see your pants in top, I know they both will be gorgeous!