New SM and wishful sewing – Nova máquina de costura e vontade de costurar


A couple of months ago I decided on upgrading to a new sewing machine (it’s a nice way to get some sewing mojo back, right?) and my choice went to Pfaff, mainly based on the dealer proximity and positive reviews. I bought the Pfaff Ambition Essential, and so far I am very pleased (I did use it to finish up the leather sleeves coat, some mending and also to sew some costumes for the kindergarten’s Christmas play).

Há uns meses decidi-me a comprar uma máquina de costura melhor (é uma ótima forma de auto motivação para costurar, não acham?) e a minha escolha caiu na Pfaff, baseada na proximidade da loja e nas críticas positivas. Comprei a Pfaff Ambition Essential e até agora, do pouco que a tenho usado (basicamente terminar o último casaco, alguns arranjos e umas fantasias para a peça da festa de Natal do Infantário), estou muito satisfeita.
 
The key feature on this machine is the integrated IDT system; I’m able to say that it works wonders, I barely need pins/basting anymore to hold seams together while stitching.

A função chave nesta máquina é o IDT (sistema integrado de duplo arrasto, a peça preta atrás do calcador); posso testemunhar que funciona muito bem e elimina quase por completo o uso de alfinetes ou alinhavos para manter as orlas seguras enquanto se cose.

 
And with all this “motivation”, am I planning to actually sew anything? You know how short of time I’ve been, but next week it’s holyday week and I’ll be dammed if I don’t make one or two garments! It has to be something simple and quick, and hopefully something that I’ll be willing to wear on New Year’s Eve (I’ll spend it at home with our family but I’d like to wear something nice for the occasion). Last time I had a major cleaning in the sewing studio I stored away most of my fabric stash, but I saved a few knits and also a nice piece of cream faux fur... I’m thinking of using these fabrics to make the following garments, both from the last issue of BurdaStyle (01/2014):

E com toda esta motivação, estarei a planear fazer alguma coisa de concreto? Sabem com certeza que o meu tempo é bastante limitado agora, mas na semana que vem estrei de férias e “raios-me-partam” se não faço algumas roupas! Tem de ser algo simples e rápido, e de preferência que eu possa usar na passagem de ano (vai ser em casa, mas uma pessoa veste sempre um trapinho bonito). A última vez que fiz arrumações gerais na sala de costura guardei a maioria da minha extensa coleção de tecidos, mas houve alguns que deixei ficar, com esperança de os usar no futuro. Dentre eles algumas malhas e uma delas em pelo creme, linda para fazer uma capa curta ou um bolero. Estou a pensar em usar estas malhas para fazer o seguinte:


I think the asymmetric top can easily be turned into a dress and I have a chevron print knit that could work for this pattern. I’ll keep my motivation levels high and hopefully I’ll have something new to show you guys next week! Happy holyday sewing everybody!

Acho que este top assimétrico pode facilmente ser convertido num vestido e tenho uma malha com padrão tipo às riscas em ziguezague que poderá resultar neste modelo. Vou manter os meus níveis de motivação altos e na próxima semana talvez tenha algo novo para mostrar aqui! Fiquem bem e bons lavores de fim de ano para todas!

9 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Congrats on the new sewing machine and I truly hope that you get to spend some quality time with it next week!

Adrienne said...

Congrats on the new machine!!

Bunny said...

You will love your Pfaff. The IDT is fabulous and I can't imagine owning a machine without it. You can really make it work for you engaging and disengaging it as needed.

Mem said...

It's so nice to have you back , if takes a new machine so be it ! Happy holiday and a very creative New Year

mem said...

it's so nice to have you back .If it takes a new machine so be it . Have a happy holiday and a very creative New Year !!

Ann Made Studio said...

Congratulations on your new machine.
I Also own a Pfaff and love it. Can't wait to see your outfit. Happy sewing!

Vicki said...

Nice machine! Hope you get time to sew. Merry Christmas!

Linda L said...

I hope you enjoy your new sewing machine. Hopefully it will help revive your sewing mojo! Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Celina said...

Parabéns pela aquisição. Essa função IDT parece fantástica. Eu em casa continuo com a minha Riccar com 30 anos mas agora ando "mal" habituada com as máquinas industriais da escola, com um coser espectacular e levantamento do calcador e corte de linha automáticos... :) Têm o inconveniente de só fazerem ponto direito, pelo que em casa é imprescindível continuar a ter uma boa máquina doméstica. Essa parece ter sido uma excelente escolha.