Featured Post

Second take on V1525: A red Rebecca Vallance pant suit!

Image
EN Summary: I decided to make myself another Rebecca Vallance pant suit for summer (click here for the first version) and this time around I opted for a fabric which I believe is closer to the original model in color and drape. Keep reading the sewing review (or hop over here to see more photos of me wearing this suit). --- PT Sumário: Decidi fazer outro conjunto top e calça Rebecca Vallance para o verão (podem ver a primeira versão aqui) e desta vez optei por um tecido mais parecido com o original, tanto na cor como no cair. Continuem a ler o artigo sobre a confeção completo (ou cliquem aqui para verem mais fotos a usar o conjunto).

2011#35 – Houston, we have a knit project!

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)
Pois é, apesar da dormência que por vezes sinto nas mãos, ainda vai dando para tricotar qualquer coisinha… Este “snood” (“snood” significa cachecol tubular) foi iniciado no inverno passado e posto de lado porque o tempo entretanto começou a aquecer. Este ano retomei o projecto e terminei-o há cerca de um mês. Trata-se de um rectângulo em liga com as dimensões aproximadas de 50x100 cm onde no final se une o final do trabalho com a volta inicial ao rematar. Neste caso também adicionei uma corrente de croché numa das extremidades do tubo resultante, para poder aconchegar melhor ao pescoço. Usei agulhas de 10mm e fio acrílico (3 fios juntos) para obter este efeito bem volumoso. Podem ver mais fotos minhas a usá-lo aqui. Fiquem bem!


In spite of the numbness that I sometimes feel on my hands and arms I’m still able to do some knitting. This snood was started last winter and put aside because the winter was over before I could finish it. This year I resumed the project and was able to finish it about one month ago. It's basically a 40x20 inch rectangle knitted in garter stitch with the two shorter ends joined together. I also threaded a chain cord along one of the ends of the resulting tube, to be able to snug it around my neck. I used US15 (10mm) needles and three strands of yarn (100% acrylic) to obtain this chunky effect. You can see photos of me wearing it here. Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Isabelle said…
This is a fun accessory - and I love this colour on you!
I agree - this is a fantastic color on you! Glad you were able to get it finished to wear this winter!
mamamartinho said…
É verdade que já não via um projeto teu de tricot à algum tempo... Ficou fabuloso!

Bjs

Mónica
Vanessa said…
That's so cute and something I think I might be able to make!

Popular posts from this blog

Molas de pressão forradas - Covered snaps

Métodos de Alfaiataria por Paco Peralta – Methods of tailoring by Paco Peralta

Weekend Jacket progress report: setting in the sleeves by hand – Progresso na jaqueta este fds: colocação das mangas à mão