2011#35 – Houston, we have a knit project!

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)
Pois é, apesar da dormência que por vezes sinto nas mãos, ainda vai dando para tricotar qualquer coisinha… Este “snood” (“snood” significa cachecol tubular) foi iniciado no inverno passado e posto de lado porque o tempo entretanto começou a aquecer. Este ano retomei o projecto e terminei-o há cerca de um mês. Trata-se de um rectângulo em liga com as dimensões aproximadas de 50x100 cm onde no final se une o final do trabalho com a volta inicial ao rematar. Neste caso também adicionei uma corrente de croché numa das extremidades do tubo resultante, para poder aconchegar melhor ao pescoço. Usei agulhas de 10mm e fio acrílico (3 fios juntos) para obter este efeito bem volumoso. Podem ver mais fotos minhas a usá-lo aqui. Fiquem bem!


In spite of the numbness that I sometimes feel on my hands and arms I’m still able to do some knitting. This snood was started last winter and put aside because the winter was over before I could finish it. This year I resumed the project and was able to finish it about one month ago. It's basically a 40x20 inch rectangle knitted in garter stitch with the two shorter ends joined together. I also threaded a chain cord along one of the ends of the resulting tube, to be able to snug it around my neck. I used US15 (10mm) needles and three strands of yarn (100% acrylic) to obtain this chunky effect. You can see photos of me wearing it here. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

This is a fun accessory - and I love this colour on you!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I agree - this is a fantastic color on you! Glad you were able to get it finished to wear this winter!

Anonymous said...

É verdade que já não via um projeto teu de tricot à algum tempo... Ficou fabuloso!

Bjs

Mónica

Vanessa said...

That's so cute and something I think I might be able to make!