2016#9 Cold Shoulder printed top and 2016#10 Ankle length elastic waist pants

 EN Summary: Last week I was organizing my fabric stash and found myself overwhelmed with the amount of fabrics I had accumulated during the past few years. There were fabrics I couldn't even remember having. I selected a few aside, including this printed mesh and a coordinating solid color stretch fabric with some texture and decided to turn them into something simple, yet fashionable. The result can be seen in the above photo (more photos of this outfit were published here). Keep reading for all the details!
---
PT Sumário: Na semana passada estava a organizar a minha coleção de tecidos e fiquei espantada com a quantidade de tecidos que acumulei nos últimos anos, muitos deles nem me lembrava que tinha. Selecionei alguns mais primaveris, incluindo este estampado "rede" em tons azul-petróleo e tijolo e um azul com textura que coordena perfeitamente com o anterior. Decidi fazer um conjunto simples que se enquadrasse nas tendências do momento e o resultado pode ver-se na primeira foto (mais fotos do look aqui). Continuem a ler para os detalhes da confeção!

2016#9 - The cold-shoulder top --- A blusa com ombros à mostra
 EN: The "cold-shoulder" is on trend this year and when I saw this blouse in the Patrones magazine N359 (mod19) I knew I had to make it. The pattern is quite easy to sew and I loved how the back is lower than the front. 
---
PT: A tendência "ombros ao ar" é bastante forte este ano e quando vi esta blusa na revista Patrones N359 (mod19), sabia que a iria fazer. O molde é bastante simples de confecionar e adorei o facto da blusa ficar mais comprida atrás.
 EN: As you can see the fabric is a very tiny mesh, very sheer and lightweight. It doesn't run or ravel so I decided to leave the flounce's hems raw. For all the other seams I zigzagged then together and trimmed down close to the stitches. Below you can see the inside and the elastic casing:
---
PT: Como podem ver, o tecido é um rede muito fininha e leve. Não desfia ou ganha malhas caidas, por isso não me preocupei em fazer bainhas nos folhos. As costuras foram finalizadas com pontos ziguezague e aparadas. Na foto abaixo podem ver o interior da passagem do elástico:
 EN: The flounce's SAs were pressed up (away from the flounces) and top-stitched:
---
PT: As margens de costura dos folhos foram assentes para cima e pespontadas pelo direito:
 2016#10: The ankle length pants with elastic waist --- As calças pelo tornozelo com elástico na cintura

EN: I spotted this pattern in another issue of Patrones magazine (N357, mod6), and thought I should give them a go. The pants are originally shorter, as you can see below, and have slanted pockets on the side. The instructions call for two inch wide elastic but I used what I had (one inch wide), altering the waistband pattern accordingly. It has been a while since I've sewn pants from Patrones so I wasn't sure about the fit, but since these are not close fitting, I decided to cut them first and adjust the fit later if necessary.
---
PT: Vi este molde noutra revista Patrones (N357, mod6) e decidi experimentá-lo. O modelo original é mais curto, como se pode ver abaixo, e tem bolsos inclinados de lado. As instruções referem usar elástico de 5cm de largura para a cintura, mas eu usei o que tinha (2,7cm), alterando o molde do cós de acordo. Já não costurava calças da revista Patrones há anos, por isso não estava segura se iriam assentar bem, mas como são um modelo solto, prossegui à confiança.
 EN: Even lengthening the pants pattern for 12 inches, I had more than enough fabric so I cut large hem allowances just in case I decide to lengthen the pants in the future.
---
PT: Mesmo alongando o molde uns 15cm, ainda me sobrou bastante tecido por isso decidi cortar bainhas grandes, caso mais tarde decida descer as bainhas.
 EN: When I tried the pants on, I wasn't happy with how they fitted in the front; There was too much fabric, IMO, so I basted a different crotch line and it seemed to solve most of the problem. Bellow you can see the adjustment marked on the front and back pattern.
---
PT: Quando provei as calças não fiquei muito satisfeita com o aspeto da frente; havia ali demasiado tecido. Resolvi alinhavar e experimentar as alterações que ilustro abaixo no molde e o problema pareceu-me bastante atenuado:
 EN: Below there's the waistband with the elastic on:
---
PT: Abaixo podem ver o cós com o elástico passado:
 EN: And the slanted pockets:
---
PT: E os bolsos inclinados na anca:
 EN: All allowances were serged and the hems were herringboned by hand:
---
PT: O acabamento das margens de costura foi feito com a corta-e-cose e as bainhas foram feitas à mão: 
Conclusion: Both garments were quick and easy to sew and I think the set turned out quite trendy and wearable for spring; As I had mentioned, cold-shoulders are in and so are ankle length pants or culottes (it's all about showing off the ankles and the shoes/sandals). As usual, you can see photos of me wearing this outfit on Tany et La Mode (click here). I still have a huge pile of fabrics waiting to be turned into spring garments, so stay tuned for more soon! Thank you all for visiting!
---
Conclusão: Ambas as peças foram rápidas e fáceis de fazer, e acho que resultaram muito bem, seguindo as tendências do momento: ombros e tornozelos à mostra! Como de costume, podem ver mais fotos deste conjunto no Tany et La Mode (clicar aqui). Ainda tenho uma "montanha" de tecidos è espera de serem transformados em roupas primaveris, por isso mantenham-se atentos, em breve haverá mais! Obrigada a todos por aparecerem!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the mesh fabric and it looks great in the off the shoulder top. Fun outfit!

Mónica Martinho said...

Os moldes foram super bem escolhidos! O conjunto é espetacular!

Gail said...

You wear colour so well Tany. Love the top and your exactly spaced handstitches put me to shame. When are you coming to live in Australia?