My (self-made) Couture Chanel-Inspired Jacket – A minha (feita por mim) jaqueta Alta-costura inspirada em Chanel


EN: Today the rain has finally stopped and I was able to wear my latest creation, my version of the Chanel Little Black Jacket. I tried to take photos from several angles but it’s not easy when using a remote; the body has to twist to point the remote back and when I tried to take photos from the back the jacket got a little twisted. I also acknowledge I may have a fitting issue on my right shoulder resulting from many years of wearing heavy carry-all bags; it seems slightly more sloped than the left… It can also be the posture because I wasn’t trying to distribute my weight evenly on both legs, I was trying to relax. I will have Miguel taking a few shots for me later this week and see if I have a fitting issue or not. 

The jacket came out as beautiful as I had imagined and I just can’t stop touching it! I have never worn anything that felt as luxurious as this jacket. 

I will write a detailed sewing review later this week but for now, here are the photos of me wearing the jacket (you can see more photos on my personal style blog, click here). See you guys later! 

--- 

PT: Hoje finalmente parou de chover e consegui usar a minha última criação, a minha versão da Little Black Jacket Chanel. Tentei tirar fotos de todos os ângulos mas não é fácil quando se usa um controlo remoto; tenho de me virar para trás para acionar o remoto e posicionar-me em dois segundos, e a jaqueta acaba sempre por ficar um pouco torcida. Pelas fotos parece que o meu ombro direito está ligeiramente mais descaído que o esquerdo, o que pode ser da posição (não estava concentrada em estar direita com o peso distribuído em ambas as pernas) ou um problema de postura. Vou pedir ao Miguel que me tire fotos para perceber se de facto é um problema de postura, pois neste caso pode ser necessário ajustar os moldes de acordo. 

A jaqueta ficou tão bonita como a tinha imaginado e confesso que é difícil parar de tocar-lhe! Nunca usai nada tão luxuoso!

Mais para o final da semana vou escrever um artigo detalhado resumindo os artigos da confeção da jaqueta, por agora fiquem com estas fotos (mais fotos publicadas no meu blogue de estilo pessoal – clicar aqui). Até breve!

16 comments:

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

so fantastic, you have done such a beautiful job on this, and knowing the rest of your wardrobe I look forward to seeing you style it with so many other pieces.

Bunny said...

Don't these jackets feel just so sumptuous? This is gorgeous on you and you are inspiring me to give it another go. Wonderful work!

Cindy said...

It's beautiful. All your hard work really paid off. This jacket will serve you well for many years.

Pilar said...

Preciooooosa!, es fantástica, que bien te sienta. Por lo del hombro no te preocupes, puede ser debido a que cargas siempre el peso sobre el mismo hombro.
Ahora a ponerla mucho, mucho.
Un beso.

Dilliander said...

An absolutely gorgeous couture jacket Tany, a true classic and really beautifully made!

Graca said...

Wow, it is more spectacular than I imagined it would be once it was modelled. Thank you so much for sharing the process, one day I will tackle a project like this with hopes that it turns out as well as yours. It's beautiful!

Carol said...

Wow!!!

Vicki said...

Tany, it is beautiful. And there are NO fitting issues :)

Rosie said...

50 Euros per touch Tany!!! Just stunning work and it fits you like a glove!!!! Enjoy it.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

It's stunning Tany - just stunning!!!

Gail said...

Tany I bow down to you!!!! Love the styling too.

Anonymous said...

Ola!
What pattern did you use for the jacket? I would like to create a one for myself.

Tany said...

Clara, I used Susan Khalje's jacket pattern available for purchase on susankhalje.com

Sewalatte said...

It is beyond fantastic! You are a wonder!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, for a wonderfully detailed blog. I didn't post until the end because I couldn't stop reading! I have too made a Chanel style jacket, however I didn't have the confidence to cut off the seem allowances. I think for my next one I will give it a go. You have a beautiful jacket, a real work of art.
Jackie Warner

morangoechocolate said...

linda ! linda! vou fazer uma para mim, eu queria fazer com a mesma passamanaria que tu usaste , mas aqui no Brasil não tem ...amei amei