Bolso com encaixe na anca - Side-front slanted pockets

Antes de mais obrigada a todas pelos comentários à minha entrevista! Foi uma honra e um prazer responder às questões que a Adrienne me colocou!
Before I start with today's subject, I want to thank you all for the nice comments on my interview! Answering to Adrienne's questions was both a pleasure and an honour!

Entretanto estou quase a acabar mais um projecto da minha lista para o Outono: as calças Burda 10/2007 107B:
At this point I’m almost finished with another project from my Fall sewing list: the 10/2007 BWOF Pants 107B:

O tecido que escolhi é 98% algodão 2% elastano, e podem ver que é muito próximo ao do modelo original. Este tipo específico de padrão às riscas fininhas e claras sobre um fundo escuro costuma designar-se como risca-de-giz. É um dos padrões que costumo usar muito pois favorece a silhueta, tornando-a mais longa (desde que as riscas estejam orientadas na vertical. No entanto, para que todas as riscas casem e para que a peça seja perfeitamente simétrica, trabalhar com riscas pode ser um desafio.
The fabric I'm using is 98% cotton 2%elastan, and the pinstripes are very close to the pinstripes on the original model (in Portugal we call this fabric "chalk line"). I love pinstripes because they elongate the silhouette (providing that they are vertically oriented).If you plan on matching the pinstripes on every seam, sewing with pinstriped fabric can become a real challenge.

Decidi que iria aplicar organza de seda nas frentes, como fiz com os calções do fato preto, mas além disso também decidi forrar as calças totalmente com forro de cetim. A maior parte dos passos de confecção já os expliquei na confecção dos calções do fato preto e no post final das calças vou fornecer os links para os passo-a-passo que acho relevantes.
I decided on applying a knee sized silk organza underlining to the fronts, like I did on the shorts of this black ensemble. I also decided to full line these pants with satin lining. Most of the construction steps are similar to the shorts construction steps and I will link back to several of its relevant tutorials on the final post for this project.

Hoje quero mostrar como fiz os bolsos. Uma leitora (a Isabel) há tempos pediu-me informação em como costurar este tipo de bolsos; escrevi-lhe um email e juntei umas cópias de páginas de um dos meus livros mas até hoje não recebi qualquer resposta.
Talvez o email se tenha perdido?
Today I will show you the construction steps for the pockets. Some while ago, one of my Portuguese readers asked about this type of pockets and I sent her an email containing a few scanned pages from one of my books. I never got an answer from her so maybe the email got lost.

Este tipo de bolsos é muito comum em calças e saias e também é muito fácil de fazer. Na figura seguinte podem ver as partes envolvidas (da esquerda para a direita: o saco do bolso, o encaixe da anca e a parte da frente das calças ou saia onde se mete o bolso):
This kind of pockets is very common on trousers and skirts and is very simple to put together. Next picture shows all the sections involved in the process, starting (from left to right) by the pocket section, the side-front section and the front section where the pocket is built on:
O saco do bolso pode ser feito de forro, mas neste caso optei por usar o tecido por ser fino o suficiente para este propósito.
The pocket fabric can be of lining fabric but in this case I opted for fashion fabric instead because it’s thin enough for this purpose.

Antes de tudo chuleio (faço um ponto de ziguezague) à volta do saco do bolso e do encaixe da anca; depois coloca-se o saco sobre a abertura do bolso na parte da frente, direito contra direito e cose-se ao longo da linha de abertura. NOTA: como esta costura está em viés, em alguns tecidos é conveniente reforçá-la com uma fita própria ou com uma aureola do forro - beira do forro que tem o remate - para que não estique depois de cosida:
The first thing I do is zigzag stitch around the pocket section and around the side-front section. Then I pin and stitch the pocket section (right sides together) to the slanted edge on the front (trim, grade, you know the drill) NOTE: this is a bias cut seam so it’s convenient to reinforce this seam with a special purpose tape or with a piece of lining selvage. Depois de coser a costura da abertura, passa-se a ferro, assenta-se os valores de costura abertos e assenta-se o saco para o lado de dentro. Neste caso vou pespontar a beira da abertura.
I press along the seam and then I press it open; finally I turn the pocket to the inside, press and topstitch very close to the edge.
Agora já podemos alinhavar a beira da entrada sobre o encaixe do forro. Atenção: normalmente a beira de entrada é um pouco maior do que a linha de aposição no encaixe; isto é necessário para as entradas dos bolsos não ficarem demasiado esticadas e rente às calças quando as vestimos.
It’s time to pin/baste the side-front section in place; note that the pocket edge sometimes is longer than the slanted placement line along the side-front section. This is normal and it prevents the pocket from being too tight on the body when the garment is worn.
Notem que tive o cuidado de cortar todas as partes para que as linhas coincidam; isto é fácil de fazer se marcarmos as linhas a lápis no molde da frente e depois no molde do encaixe sobrepondo-o com o molde da frente, para depois as acertar no tecido. Também cortei as partes das calças sem ter o tecido dobrado ao meio (cortei uma peça de cada vez, em vez de duas de uma vez só), marquei as riscas com lápis no molde e alinhavei todas as marcações no tecido, conseguindo assim maior precisão ao alinhar as riscas quando se corta o simétrico (imaginem as duas partes de trás das calças; as linhas devem casar na costura do gancho atrás, nestas duas peças espelhadas ou simétricas).
I was very careful when cutting all the garment pieces and tried to match the pinstripes on every seam. To achieve this I cut the fashion fabric on a single layer of fabric and I marked the pinstripe placement on the pattern using a pencil; I used these lines as a guide when cutting each symmetrical piece. To match the pinstripes on the pockets I used a similar method, placing the paper pattern of the side-front section on top of the front pattern (with the pencil lines already marked) so I could trace matching lines on the side-front section for guiding when cutting the fashion fabric. I also thread traced all the pieces before removing the paper pattern.

Agora, no avesso, temos que coser o saco do bolso ao encaixe, sem apanhar a frente (vejam a linha que tem os alfinetes, é por aí que se cose, apanhando só o saco e o encaixe da anca):

Next step: the side front section should be stitched to the pocket section only, along the rounded edge (see the pinned seam in the next picture):
Uma última coisa que é preciso fazer é aparar a beira do encaixe junto ao meio da frente; no lado direito apara-se mesmo junto a linha do meio:
One last thing is trimming the side-front center edge; on the right side it should be trimmed exactly on the center line:
Na parte esquerda, a beira deve ultrapassar cerca de 5 a 7mm a linha do meio (porque nesta parte o trespasse vira para dentro a esta distância do meio – vejam aqui a confecção do fecho com carcela para perceberem.
On the left edge the side-front section should be trimmed about 1/5 inch to the front extension side – see here how the fly front zipper is attached to understand why.
Até à próxima!
See you next time!

16 comments:

Summerset said...

I love those trousers! Occasionally, that sort of fabric is labeled here as "chalk-stripe".

Your matching is perfect and you did what I would do regarding matching the lines.

Adrienne said...

Tany these are going to be FAB!!!!! And what a great tip in regards to matching!!!!

Vicki said...

I hadn't thought of making the lines on the pattern - so thanks for that tip!

Erica Bunker said...

Tany, those are going to be fabulous!

Tany said...

Julia: Hi and welcome to Couture et Tricot! I do thread trace everything when I'm dealing with patterns with no seam allowances included; on my first (and only) Vogue I thread traced the darts and notches only. I find the thread tracing relaxing and I do it because I don't mind the extra work/time in exchange for accuracy. It's very useful when dealing with prints that need matching, like pinstripes and plaids!

Anonymous said...

I read your interview with Adrienne and I learned someting. I never thought to thread trace darts and soforth. I plan to do that on the skirt I am working on. duh. You do beautiful work. adios.

cidell said...

Ok. I'm thread tracing my pockets next time! I always struggle a little with them. I interested to see how the pants turn out. I noticed these too but I've avoided pants that seem 'full' in the front for several years. When they come out looking stunning on you (as all your items look) it may inspire me to make them!

Kitty Couture said...

What a great tutorial, Tany! I'll admit to have been daunted by pockets so far but you just made the whole process very clear to me - now, I have no reason not to try them and can't wait! Thank you my friend!! HUGS and have a lovely day :)

Katrin said...

Tany, again another great tutorial.
Have you ever thought about writing a sewing book ?
I like this pants, too and bookmarked them for my sewing list this fall/winter.

Regards,
Katrin

Anonymous said...

Mais um projecto que vai ficar um espanto!

Bjs

Mónica

LauraLo said...

Great tutorial, Tany! And belated congratulations for your interview, I was in Brussels and only saw it now!

Jules said...

Those trousers are going to be gorgeous, Tany! And excellent tutorial, as always!

Sigrid said...

That will certainly be great trousers. They're on my to do list, so looking forward to see yours finished. And I wanted to make the same tutorial! No need for it any more with this very clear one from you.

Audrey said...

Olá Tany, passei pra te desejar uma ótima semana agora quanto a calça será mais um belo trabalho eu adoro este tecido com risca de giz.
Beijão,
Audrey

Tany said...

Obrigada a todas!
Thank you all!

Katrin: Hi! I have never thought of writing a book but several people are suggesting that to me so I don't really know about the future... My hands are full at the moment but I will consider it in the future if the opportunity arrives!

Mara Belo said...

Bom dia! parabéns pelo tutorial! Para mim foi de grande valia pois irei usar terninho risca-de-giz como uniforme no meu trabalho. Muito obrigada e que Deus continue te abençoando!
Abraços