2016#15 - Lilac belted cold-shoulder tunic with tie-cuffs (HP1196) - Túnica lilás com cinto, ombros ao ar e mangas de atar

EN Summary: It has been another rainy weekend meaning more time to sew, so I was able to complete another garment: a lilac cotton popelin tunic. Keep reading for the complete sewing review.
---
PT Sumário: Mais um fim-de-semana de chuva, o que para mim se traduz em mais tempo para costurar. Neste fim-de-semana consegui fazer esta túnica de popelina lilás. Continuem a ler para a revisão do modelo.



EN: The pattern used was the HotPatterns 1196 (Metropolitan Urban Gypsy Bouses). I chose the variation with the tie-cuff sleeves, no pockets and no halter band. I also didn't sew the shelf bra, which was optional. I used the downloadable pdf pattern version (A4 format). This pattern has 3/8" SAs included, not the usual 5/8".
---
PT: O molde usado foi o HotPatterns 1196 (Metropolitan Urban Gypsy Blouses). Escolhi a variação com punhos de atar, sem bolsos e sem a tira de atar atrás do pescoço. Também não fiz o soutien interior, que era opcional. Utilizei a versão do molde em pdf (formato A4). Este molde tem margens de costura já incluídas de 1cm, em vez dos usuais 1,5cm dos moldes americanos.
 (snapshot from the HotPatterns website)

EN: I cut size 12 (one size smaller than my usual Big4 size) and I sewed the tunic following the pattern instructions, which are fine, in my opinion. When I finished it, I tried it on and it felt a little roomy, specially die to my fabric's crispiness, so I decided to tweak it a little. I took in on the side seams, giving it a little shape. Then I hand basted four vertical darts on the back and a set of vertical darts on the front and tried the tunic on again. I didn't like the front vertical darts but I kept the back darts, stitching them permanently and pressing them towards the center back. It was still missing something so I decided to use the halter strips (I had cut them but decided not to apply them) to make a belt. I stitched both strips together and pressed the seam open; then I interfaced only the central section, using the same pattern for cutting the interfacing - this means that the belt is interfaced around the waist but the ties have no interfacing from the knot down. I liked it this way because the belt has more structure yet the ties are not stiff and hang better. I folded it lengthwise, stitched and turned it, making a nice belt. I really loved the final result with the belt and as final touch, added belt loops on the sides. Below there's the back and side view:
---
PT: Cortei o molde no tamanho 12 (um tamanho abaixo do meu normal nos moldes americanos) e cosi a túnica seguindo as instruções do molde, as quais estão muito bem, na minha opinião. Quando terminei a túnica, vesti-a e mesmo com um tamanho abaixo, pareceu-me muito larga. Resolvi então dar-lhe um pouco de forma apertando dos lados na cintura e alinhavei pinças verticais (duas na frente e quatro atrás. Experimentei de novo e não gostei de ver as pinças à frente; as de trás sim, e cosi-as à máquina permanentemente. Mesmo depois destas alterações ainda parecia faltar algo... Aproveitei os panos das tiras de amarrar atrás do pescoço (que acabei por não colocar) e fiz um cinto, unindo as duas tiras e usando o molde individual das tiras para cortar entretela só para a parte central do cinto - isto significa que a parte em torno da cintura tem entretela e as tiras depois do nó não têm; as tiras caiem melhor assim, sem ficarem tão rígidas. Gostei bastante do resultado com o cinto e como toque final acrescentei passadeiras para o cinto dos lados. Abaixo podem ver a túnica atrás e de lado:
EN: One of the characteristics of the pattern that I liked is the fact that the shoulder band is not shirred on the front (it is interfaced and has no elastic inside). The front panel has two darts radiating from the shoulder band through the bust point, which gives it some shaping.
---
PT: Uma das características distintas deste molde é o facto da banda do decote não franzir na frente (é entretelada e não tem elástico por dentro). O pano da frente tem é duas pinças desde a junção com a banda até os pontos centrais do busto, dando um pouco de forma à frente.
EN: In the next photo you can see two of the four darts added to shape the back:
---
PT: Na foto seguinte podem ver duas das quatro pinças que acrescentei para dar forma às costas:
EN: And here is a belt look on the side seam:
---
PT: E aqui têm uma das passadeiras do cinto cosidas na costura lateral:
EN: All the edges/hems were turned in twice and top-stitched for a very narrow double-folded hem; to get it right and minimize puckering, I hand-basted and pressed before top-stitching, and then pressed again. Below there's the side slit:
---
PT: Todas as bainhas(bordos foram acabados dobrando o tecido duas vezes para dentro e pespontando; para obter bons resultados é essencial alinhavar e passar a ferro anted de pespontar, e no final dar mais uma passagem a ferro depois do pesponto. Abaixo podem ver a racha na lateral:
EN: The 3/4 sleeves with tie-cuffs are another trendy detail and they turned out really nice.
---
PT: As mangas a 3/4 com tiras de atar são outro detalhe muito na moda e resultaram muito bem:
Conclusion: I love the tunic and now I want to sew a very basic elastic waist wide ankle-length pants in purple to match with it. I think this is my first HotPatterns and although I had to make a few alterations, I am pleased with the pattern. Thank you all for reading and for the lovely comments on my last posts, I really appreciate every single comment!
---
Conclusão: Adoro a túnica e agora quero fazer umas calças em roxo básicas, largas e pelo tornozelo e com elástico na cintura, para fazer conjunto. Creio que é a primeira vez que uso um molde da HotPatterns e embora tenha tido a necessidade de fazer alterações, estou satisfeita com o molde. Obrigada a todos por passarem por cá e pelos comentários que têm deixado nos meus últimos artigos!

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Oh goodness this is really gorgeous! I love this top!

Tomasa said...

I love all of the changes you made - perfect! It is a gorgeous tunic in a pretty color.

Vicki said...

Great top. Looks like it will be lovely and cool on a hot day.

Mónica Martinho said...

Adoro! Super gira.